Assistant Professor of Textiles
Assistant Professor of Textiles
School of Art and Design
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Textiles faculty position in the School of Art and Design beginning August 2021.
Teaching expectations are for a 3/3 load, with emphasis on the design and fabrication of textiles in a recently redesigned program. There are two tracks in our Textiles program; one track is a BAT in Textiles and Surface Design and one track is the BAT with a Business focus. The School of Art and Design has collaborated with the Coles College of Business at Kennesaw State to develop the Business track, which supports the university’s mission of cross-curricular programming, reflective of our recent Carnegie R2 classification.
Service to the department and college will include participation on committees and mentoring of students. All faculty are expected to display teaching excellence and a commitment to innovative educational practices to maintain an active research and/or creative activity profile, and to demonstrate exceptional management, communication, and leadership skills.
Required qualifications include:
- Master of Fine Arts, or its foreign equivalent, in Textiles, Apparel or related field.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites or software relating to specific textiles programming.
- Experience in sewing and textile design.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in software programs relevant to the Textiles and Apparel industry.
- Business acumen in fashion forecasting and trends.
- Previous teaching experience with online and hybrid modalities desired.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs.
Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://facultyaffairs.kennesaw.edu/faculty_openings.php.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kennesaw
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kennesaw
- Design & Graphic Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kennesaw
- Other Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kennesaw