Executive Education Director (PRN24918B)
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Director of Executive
Education is responsible for contributing to all aspects of the
growth and delivery of Executive Education at the University of
Utah David Eccles School of Business, including open enrollment
programs, custom corporate programs, certificate programs, and
non-degreed online programs.
This position requires a highly motivated leader who will provide leadership and oversight over all Executive Education offerings and services and manage all aspects of the sales, development, implementation, and delivery of these offerings. The person in this position will be responsible for contributing to and meeting departmental revenue goals. This role is 50% selling and 50% leading/directing the Executive Education team.
The Director is responsible for selling and directing custom and open enrollment programs for corporate clients and generating a sustainable ongoing revenue stream of over $5 million in annual revenue over the next few years.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN24918B - 00033 - Executive Education
COMPENSATION: $103,700 to $150,000
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday through Friday. Requires some evenings, weekends, and travel as needed to meet client needs.
- Set strategic direction for the organization, create and implement innovative, new program initiatives, and advance technology-enhanced learning.
- Advance regional and national strategy through program portfolio growth, innovation, and strategic alliances.
- Create a business development plan for Executive Education programs, which includes operational plans and quantifiable goals for sales and revenue generation.
- Lead partnership initiatives to establish strong relationships with corporate executives, business leaders, and other organizations to expand upon existing collaborations and increase enrollment/revenue.
- Manage client projects to ensure high levels of client satisfaction, including oversight of proposal development, instructional design, program delivery, and follow up.
- Ensure client renewals by continuously enhancing the quality of service delivered and proactively identify new opportunities for expanding client partnership.
- Actively manage CRM (Salesforce) processes, dashboards, data analysis and sales pipeline, status of the business, and forecast revenue, with direct P&L responsibility.
- Represent Executive Education within the University of Utah and with external constituents, including key clients.
- Ensure alignment of all areas of the organization, including corporate outreach, program portfolio management, technology-enhanced learning, service operations, finance, and human resources.
- Build and nurture relationships with faculty and administrative departments and identify and leverage opportunities for collaboration.
- Oversee and supervise staff. Recruit, hire, train, direct daily activities, and develop team to ensure accurate and timely customer service and service delivery.
- Manage the work of staff members and provide appropriate feedback and performance reviews. Oversee direct and indirect sales to achieve business plan revenue and sales goals; develop annual sales plans.
- Oversee all office operations and develop appropriate processes and procedures to ensure efficient delivery of services.
- Ensure all personnel transactions within the assigned units are performed in compliance with University policy and procedure.
**The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, clinical field, or related area, or equivalency; nine years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, staff management, and effective communications skills required.
Completion of hospital provided supervisory training within one year of employment may also be required.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• MBA or other appropriate master’s degree or higher. Applicants with an MBA degree from the David Eccles School of Business will receive top priority.
• A deep understanding of business and business school academic disciplines including accounting, entrepreneurship and strategy, finance, management, marketing, operations, and information systems, and more.
• Proven strategic thinking, business development, relationship marketing, consultative selling, and negotiating skills.
• Record of exceeding sales revenue and growth goals, relevant experience in proposal development, outstanding understanding of business-to-business sales, and proven knowledge of business functions and business strategy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, due to significant recruiting and public relations components of the role.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key business decision-makers and the ability to manage those relationships through the short and long term buy cycle.
• Ability to develop and adjust strategies, build budgets, work collaboratively with other university and external teams, and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to diagnose strategic business problems of prospective clients and synthesize those needs into proposals to provide customized solutions and secure business.
• Ability to create proposals and budgets and present them to clients to close sales and to meet revenue goals.
• Entrepreneurial drive and the desire to help build a much stronger Executive Education business to achieve the department mission.
• Exceptional strategic leadership and management skills with the ability to attract, motivate and retain a committed team with business development and ongoing customer satisfaction responsibilities.
• Ability to delegate, set clear direction, and manage workflow.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills with the ability to train staff and develop others’ expertise.
• Collaborative, collegial individual who enjoys working with diverse populations, with the ability to foster teamwork among staff members and with faculty; and to have high energy, enthusiasm, and creativity.
• Outstanding abilities to communicate with senior executives and decision-makers in person and writing.
• Ability to act as an effective liaison between internal and external constituencies to meet program goals.
• Customer service-oriented, with a history of exceeding client expectations.
• An extensive network of contacts inside and outside the state of Utah is a plus.
• Previous CRM (Salesforce) experience is a plus.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/110180
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.