Executive Director, Business Operations
Accountable for the financial and operational aspects of the pediatric affiliation with Texas Children's Hospital (TCH) and mutual adherence to signed Operating Agreements or other contractual arrangements between BCM and TCH. Responsible for building and sustaining relationships with clinical and administrative leaders at each entity that results in a greater degree of collaboration and transparency. Manages the administrative, financial and accounting aspects of the BCM Operating Unit relating to Pediatric Surgery, Hospital Based services and Pediatric Other sections (TCH). Responsible for the creation of the BCM budget and participates in the TCPSO budgeting process. Matrix reporting directly to BCM CFO and TCH Executive Vice President.
- Facilitates the meeting of the Joint Management Council for the pediatric affiliate TCH, as well as facilitates the underlying Subcommittees. Provides updates to the BCM/TCH Joint Affiliation Board on a bi-annual basis.
- Identifies and confronts problems with any misalignment to the operating agreements early with the appropriate stakeholders and escalates to the Joint Management Council when necessary.
- Provides direct oversight of all applicable funds flows related to the BCM Operating Units through the organization of financial data from multiple sources into valuable information identifying trends and gaps.
- Maintains full BCM system access to all related financial and HR data pertaining to the BCM Operating Units. Utilizes this data to generate the reporting necessary for cost center management across all funding types to ensure compliance with College/Hospital policies and operational effectiveness. Determines the appropriate use of this information both internally and externally.
- Provides communication of budget assumptions between organizations including merit increases, recruitment and growth expectations.
- Partners with Finance leadership to manage the overall BCM Operating Units accounting structure to meet College/Hospital accounting, finance and internal audit expectations.
- Ensures reconciliation between College/Hospital for transactional clarity and transparency.
- Provides coordination of all personnel changes involving Faculty and Staff within the BCM Operating Units, ensuring compliance to College/Hospital approval and workflow processes.
- Evaluates and implements where appropriate processes for standardized workflows across the BCM Operating Units to generate efficiencies in administrative operations; including but not limited to faculty on-boarding, annual GME budget/approvals, physician productivity and data capture.
- Serves as the acting Administrator for the BCM-Operating Unit: Pediatric Surgery, Hospital-Based and Pedi-Other sections (TCH Department 254).
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Health Care Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of directly related experience.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible management experience including supervisory duties.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Accounting & Finance Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston