PeopleSoft Developer - ICIT - 16835
The Department of Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (ICIT) at the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater seeks a PeopleSoft Developer (IS Specialist).
This is an annual positiona and reappointment for subsequent terms is dependent upon needs of the position, university funding and external forces.
Reporting to the Director of Applications Development, this position will consult with Business Process Specialists, Developers and Project Managers during the functional design of applications. Designed solutions may include integration of multiple data sources, vendor packages and custom software running on diverse platforms. Position responsibilities include development, technical documentation, testing/debugging, and operational support of mission-critical production systems.
- Three years of knowledge in developing applications using Oracle/PeopleSoft toolset is required
- Three years of knowledge of designing relational database tables, views, and writing advanced SQL statements is required
- Three years of user’s requirement gathering and generating appropriate documentation is required
- Ability to gain knowledge of ICIT's policies, procedures, and standards in system design and specifications, program development, documentation, planning and status reporting
- Experience and knowledge of large, complex Student Information systems
- Knowledge in developing applications using other programming languages such as .Net or JAVA
- Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and skills
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
45% A. System Analysis/Consulting
- Provide consultation and recommendations to ICIT management and functional areas on development of or enhancements to campus information systems.
- Consult with functional area experts to study business problems and define business process requirements.
- Assist customers in identifying modifications or new development necessary to implement solutions to business requirements.
- Formulate, justify, and present design alternatives to ICIT management and functional areas including timelines and cost/benefit analysis.
- Perform analysis and design for campus applications and major enhancements.
- Consult with functional area experts to identify data requirements and participate in complex data modeling.
- Assist customers in the understanding and use of campus applications.
- Assist customers in troubleshooting problems with campus applications and determine appropriate solutions.
- Develop project plans that include tasks to be performed, task estimates, and targeted completion dates. Provide project status feedback to customers and ICIT management.
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer requests for production system information, or ad hoc reports and data extracts.
- Acquire and maintain working knowledge of the customer’s operation and business needs/problems by participating in meetings and reviewing relevant documentation.
- Review program requirements to gain an understanding of programming objectives.
- Participate in specific reviews or walk-throughs to assure satisfaction of program requirements.
- Code, test, and debug (or direct the coding, testing, debugging of) complex computer programs and procedures.
- Conduct system testing to assure correct functioning within the system.
- Assemble program documentation according to department standards to provide other analysts/programmers with the information to understand the program structure and logic.
- Develop technical knowledge about the software tools and data structures delivered with purchased or acquired applications, particularly in the areas directly supported by this position.
- Share information systems techniques, methodologies, knowledge, and tools with other staff.
- Read books, periodicals, internet articles, and listserv discussions to improve understanding of existing and new information technologies.
- Attend seminars, classes, training sessions, and workshops to increase technical knowledge and communication skills (as approved by management).
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by management.
- Assist ICIT management in search and screen process for hiring staff.
- Participate in department and unit staff meetings.
Founded in 1868, UW–Whitewater is one of eleven comprehensive universities in a public higher education system that also includes two doctoral institutions and a statewide Extension. In the fall of 2018, as a result of the University of Wisconsin System’s restructuring of the state’s 13 two-year campuses formerly known as UW Colleges, UW–Rock County began operating as a branch campus of UW–Whitewater under the new name of University of Wisconsin–Whitewater at Rock County. Together, these campuses form a preeminent academic institution driven by the pursuit of knowledge, powered by a spirit of innovation, and focused on transforming lives. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Main Campus and Rock County Campus are located conveniently near Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago, and thus offers the advantage of beautiful small-town environments with easy access to the cultural and commercial opportunities of major metropolitan areas.
The Warhawk family — led by caring faculty and staff — is devoted to student success within a broad range of academic programs. UW-Whitewater has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. The campuses have more than 200 student organizations and UW-Whitewater is a Division III NCAA university. UW-Whitewater is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
ORGANIZATION INFORMATION :
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 13-campus University of Wisconsin System ( https://www.wisconsin.edu ).
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
Per Regent Policy Document 20-19, University of Wisconsin System Criminal Background Check Policy and UW System Administrative Policy 1275 Recruitment Policies, UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-Whitewater Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr . If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.
To learn more about UW-Whitewater's competitive benefits packages go to our: ALEX webpage, which is our interactive benefits decision support tool.
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles ( http://www.uww.edu/leap ) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices ( https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices ). The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs ( http://www.uww.edu/orsp ) provides support for faculty scholarly and creative activities as well as other opportunities to apply for reassigned time and/or other resources to support research activities. UW-Whitewater faculty and staff also have access to technology transfer and research resources provided by WiSys ( https://www.wisys.org ).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings is targeted to be implemented mid-2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Position will remain open until filled.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment or if you are unable to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at (262) 472-1072 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
DIRECTOR OF APPLICATIONS DEVEL
Only complete application packages will be considered. This includes online submission of the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact information for three professional references
Application Link : click here and type in the Job ID: Application
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.
Apply Online FAQs