Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Instructor Department Family Medicine & Population Health Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $4,500 - $6,000 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Division of Epidemiology in the Department of Family Medicine and Population Health is recruiting an adjunct faculty to teach in its graduate public health programs. Primary need is for the Master of Public Health program, but applications from individuals holding doctoral degrees in epidemiology may be considered for the Epidemiology PhD program.
Position duties include:
• Develop a course syllabus (or revise an existing syllabus, as appropriate), preparing assessment rubrics for evaluating student performance on course assignments
• Teach a graduate-level elective or required course meeting the specific needs of the degree program, using learner-centered teaching methods that engage students in applied activities
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on course instructions/rubric
• Respond to student inquiries within 48 hours
• Follow guidelines of the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act
• Submit final grades according to School of Medicine and Graduate School policy
The candidate selected may be invited to participate in Division faculty meetings and workshops for teaching and professional development.
Master’s degree in Public Health and have specialized experience directly related to the teaching topic and position.
Experience in the discipline of public health and the topic to be taught. Demonstrated teaching and/or presentation experience.
PhD or other doctoral or other terminal degree in the applicant’s field of expertise (related to the teaching position) are preferred, as is previous experience teaching graduate-level public health and/or epidemiology courses.
Job Open Date 12/14/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102346 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application