Assistant/Associate Professor, Physical Therapy
The University of North Georgia Doctor of Physical Therapy Program has a newly established 12-month tenure track position to support the entry-level DPT program. The successful candidate will be appointed at the assistant or associate professor level commensurate with credentials.
This position will support and teach within the entry-level DPT program. Other opportunities include participation in a student-led pro bono clinic and a planned fee-for-service clinic.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Participate in teaching selected classroom and laboratory classes.
- Maintain a program of scholarly productivity appropriate to academic rank.
- Participate in clinical-related activities as designated by the Department Head in the DPT Program.
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of the curriculum for physical therapy education that conforms to UNG and the Physical Therapy policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision, instruction, advice, and counsel to students assigned to the didactic phase to facilitate successful completion of the DPT Program.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records to assist with periodic accreditation reports, accreditation site visits, and ongoing program evaluation.
- Represent the DPT Program through participation in service activities at all levels of the Program, School, University, and Profession.
- Participate in local, state, and national professional organizations for professional development.
- Ensure program excellence and appropriateness of curriculum and instruction in preparation for successful Clinical Education experiences.
- Specific assignments are dependent upon program needs. Candidates must be committed to student-centered education as well as working collaboratively with faculty and staff in the School and University.
- The successful candidate will have earned a terminal, academic degree (Ph.D., EdD, DSc).
- The candidate should have at least three years of clinical experience and be eligible for Georgia P.T. licensure.
- A record of accomplishment in research and ability to publish in high-quality peer-reviewed journals.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dahlonega
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dahlonega
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dahlonega
- Physical Therapy Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dahlonega