Assistant Field Hockey Coach
Rhodes is seeking an entry level Assistant Field Hockey Coach with outstanding leadership skills that can recruit, mentor, motivate and teach student-athletes. The Assistant Field Hockey Coach will organize and implement practice and game plans in coordination with the Head Field Hockey Coach; recruit for field hockey; and perform designated facility duties. Guided by the Rhodes Vision, the Assistant Field Hockey Coach should build a sense of community and enthusiasm around the field hockey program by engaging the student body, alumni, parents and fans. Strong relational skills with internal and external constituents are critical. Other duties include participating in development and fundraising activities with various constituents and/or other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics. This position requires flexibility to travel and work weekends and evenings when necessary. This is a full-time 10 month position. Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as assistant field hockey coach. Organize and implement practice and game plans in coordination with the head field hockey coach.
- Recruit for field hockey, in conjunction with the head coach and independently. Manage all emails and phone calls made from potential student athletes. Watch film and travel to watch all potential student athletes perform in the sport.
- Annually participate in professional development for field hockey.
- Event management as assigned by Director of Athletics.
- Supervise student athletes in the Varsity Weight Room and other athletic facilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Support game day operations.
- Regular attendance is an essential function to perform the duties of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Prefer experience as a high school and/or college field hockey coach.
- Must communicate effectively with all types of people, and establish and maintain a strong working relationship with students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff and other college personnel.
- Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- This position requires a valid driver's license, good driving record, and must be insurable by the College's insurance carrier.