Online Adjunct Faculty, Integrative Health and Wellness
This position is open to candidates nationwide.
The Graduate School ( www.graduate.umaryland.edu/ ) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) invites applications for a pool of qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in online graduate certificate and Master’s degree programs on a course-by-course basis, should an opening arise. This adjunct position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a virtual, professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practices for adult learners in an online university setting.
Specifically, we are looking for adjunct faculty to teach in the Integrative Health and Wellness online graduate certificate program. In this role, you will teach one or more 8-week online courses in the program. The expectation is that you will teach this same course(s) at the same time annually. We are hiring for the following four 8-week courses in the IHW program:
- Introduction to Integrative Health and Biological and
- Offered: 1st 8-week session Fall Semester (late August to mid-Oct)
- Advanced Skills in Integrative Mind-Body Interventions
- Offered: 2nd 8-week session Fall Semester (mid-Oct to mid-Dec)
- Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching
- Offered: 1st 8-week session Spring Semester (mid-Jan to mid-March)
- Clinical Application of Integrative Health and Wellness
- Offered: 2nd 8-week session Spring Semester (mid-March to mid-May)
The UMB Graduate School appoints adjuncts for the academic year on a non-tenured track. Rules governing such appointments are located at https://graduate.umaryland.edu/policies/ .
- Serve as an Adjunct faculty in the Integrative Health and Wellness (IHW) online graduate certificate program, which includes teaching one or more 8-week online courses and contributing to the development and refinement of the course curriculum and delivery.
- Prepare online course materials following the standardized instructional design process established by the UMB Graduate School.
- Teach online courses (8-week units) as assigned by the Graduate School.
- Provide a learning environment and instructor presence that supports student success.
- Provide timely responses to students, the program director, and other school officials.
- Provide feedback, guidance, and mentoring to IHW students.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Enforce student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in online learning.
- Participate in recruiting efforts through sharing information about the program through your professional network and participating in UMB marketing efforts, as needed.
Earned a Masters, PhD, MD, or other doctorate degree in a field related to the faculty’s primary teaching assignment, or in a related field.
Minimum of two years instructional experience in higher education is required. Online teaching experience preferred.
Extensive experience, training, and expertise in integrative health.
Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
For the integrative health coaching course only: Documentation of national certification in health and wellness coaching
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Cover letter. In the cover letter, you need to note ALL of the
- The position for which you are applying
- The specific course(s) you would like to teach in the program. Please take note of when the courses are offered (see above) and be sure you will be available annually at these times before applying.
- At least two paragraphs about your teaching experience and teaching philosophy
- A brief description of your experience with online teaching.
- At least one paragraph describing your experience, training, and expertise in the field of integrative health
- Signed curriculum vitae
- Three references (names with contact information)
All of the items above need to be included in your application. If an item is missing, the application is incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Adjuncts faculty positions are compensated on a course-by-course basis. Adjuncts are not eligible for benefits and are contractual. A background check is required for employment and may include licensure/certification verification.
Why Join UMB?
We provide all faculty extensive, individualized assistance with the technical aspects of teaching online, as well as online pedagogy and curriculum development. Faculty also have access to a broad selection of teaching and learning resources provided by the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning , including optional membership in our Online Teaching Community .
UMB is known for its expertise in health, biomedical sciences, and human services and is uniquely positioned to apply principles of innovation and entrepreneurship to advance health and social equality. In addition, UMB is committed to solving health and social disparities by involving those who face these problems every day. UMB seeks to understand the community served through the creation of innovative solutions based on people’s actual needs.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability, for any part of the recruitment process, please contact us at HRJobs@umaryland.edu and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore