Supervisor, Building Services
The purpose of this class is to perform professional level duties in assisting in the coordination and completion of daily operations of assigned College division or function. Positions located on Catonsville and Essex Campuses.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four (4) years minimum of institutional or commercial custodian experience.
- Previous custodial supervisory experience.
- Flexibility and ability to change shift when requested.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record of less than five points on driving record.
- Ability to participate in Blood Bourne pathogens training within six months of employment.
- Hepatitis B vaccination or a signed waiver.
Background Check :
- Candidates may be required to successfully pass a background investigation, to include fingerprint and criminal history evaluation.
- Candidates may be required to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
This is an Essential Position and the employee must be available for building emergencies, and to perform regular duties or other assigned duties at times when the campus is closed to students and non-essential staff. Subject to 24-hour standby or call-in for building emergencies. May be required to work overtime or special hours as needed or required
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Oversees and assists in the work performance of assigned custodians to ensure cleaning services are completed to department-defined standards. Evaluates quality and quantity of daily work completed through observation and inspection.
- Instructs custodians in cleaning procedures, techniques, cleaning problems, and in the use of new methods and products.
- Leads assigned personnel to accomplish non-routine cleaning and to assist with special projects.
- Assists in the ordering, distribution, and storage of chemicals, tools, and equipment and supplies.
- Monitors staff attendance and takes proactive action if issues arise in collaboration with Manager of Building Services/Director of Building Services.
- Assigns personnel to established work area and project areas.
- Adjusts employee work schedules due to absences, vacant positions, or other interruptions to ensure daily work requirements are completed.
- Responds to stakeholder concerns/request and takes necessary action to resolve them including timely follow up.
- Gives corrective instruction or re-training in the proper use of clean methods, equipment, and safety. Conducts on-the-job training of staff, when needed and appropriate.
- Ensures that proper supply guidelines are followed and staff is trained in use of all chemicals. Monitors safety of the workplace and ensures proper PPE are worn by staff. Ensures all custodial closets are kept organized, products labeled, and stocked with ample supplies for staff to carry out duties.
- Verifies equipment is operating in accordance with manufacturer guidelines and if not, coordinates repair in consultation of supervisor.
- Assists supervisor with inspections and documents cleanliness of facilities. Responsible for maintaining work performance standards and discipline and assists in annual evaluation process for staff.
- Performs duties of a Custodian or Lead Custodian I, as needed or as directed.
- Participates in snow removal or duties as assigned in response to college emergencies, as necessary and/or directed.
- Effectively performs in a service environment and follows all county, state, college and departmental policies, procedures and practices.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
CCBC Full Time Benefits At A Glance
Medical Plan year
Employees may select CIGNA, or Kaiser Permanente Select HMO. No preexisting condition exclusions. All plans have prescription drug coverage and mental health and substance abuse benefits. All plans require the selection of a primary care physician, but allow the option to change. Annual Open Enrollment is in October/November.
Dental Plan year
Employees may select Cigna DHMO, CareFirst Traditional Dental or CareFirst Preferred Dental. Annual Open Enrollment is in October/November.
Vision Plan year
Employees may select Carefirst Preferred or Traditional Plans. Coverage includes one eye exam and benefits for glasses, contacts, or bi/trifocals every 24 months. Administered by Davis Vision. Kaiser medical plans allow members to have one eye exam yearly (covers exam only). Annual Open Enrollment is in October/November.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employees have access to the EAP, which provides CCBC employees and their family member's confidential 24-hour online and telephone access for legal, financial, and personal issues. Provided for CCBC employees at no cost. Administered by CIGNA behavioral.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees may select the FSA, which allows employees to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses. Employees may allocate a maximum of $5,000 per household, per plan year for daycare related expenses, on a pre-tax basis. Employees may allocate a maximum of $2,550 for medical related expenses. A debit card is provided to simplify claims processing for health care expenses. Annual Open Enrollment is in October and November. Administered by Benefit Strategies.
Eligible employees receive one times their annual salary rounded up to the nearest $1,000. The minimum benefit amount is $50,000 and the maximum benefit amount is $200,000. CCBC pays 90% of the premium. Evidence of insurability is required if enrollment occurs 31 days after hire date. Administered by The Standard Insurance Company.
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Employees may enroll in the LTD Plan. Benefits are effective after 90 days of continuous total disability and pays 60% of the gross monthly salary. Evidence of insurability is required if enrollment occurs 31 days after the employee's hire date. Administered by The Standard Insurance Company.
Employees may enroll in the Legal Services benefit, which provides legal advice, consultation, and courtroom representation for commonly used legal services; plus will preparation, traffic violations, credit issues, warranty disputes, medical durable power of attorney and uncontested divorce. Annual Open Enrollment is in October/November. This plan is administered by Legal Resources.
Employees are eligible, based on position classification, to enroll in one of three retirement plans: (1) MD State Teachers Pension System, (2) MD State Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), or (3) Baltimore County Employees Retirement System. All plans require employee contributions except MD State ORP.
403(b) Supplemental Retirement Plans
For the 2016 calendar year, if you are under age 50, you could contribute up to $18,000, and if you are age 50 or older, you could contribute up to $24,000 because of a $6,000 'catch up contribution'.
Vendors: AIG-VALIC, TIAA-CREF, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Lincoln and ING.
457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
For 2016, if you are under the age of 50, you could contribute the maximum of $18,000 to your 457(b) plan. If you are age 50 or older, that maximum increases to $24,000 because of a $6,000 'catch up contribution.' Vendor: Voya Financial Advisors, Inc.
CCBC tuition is waived for benefit-eligible employees after a probationary period, if applicable. Tuition reimbursement for courses taken at other colleges and universities are available after one year of CCBC employment. Employees are reimbursed: $200/credit undergraduate; $260/credit graduate courses, up to a maximum of 18 credits per fiscal year.
Employees have access to a free checking account, direct deposit, loans and other services at First Financial Federal Credit Union and M&T Bank.
Time Off (fiscal year)
12-month employees accrue up to 12 days for sick and safe leave the first year of employment and 18 days per year thereafter. 10-month employees accrue up to 10 sick days the first year and 15 days thereafter. All employees are granted 3 personal business days per fiscal year. Employees are eligible based on position classification and years of service to accrue a minimum of 10 days and a maximum of 20 days of vacation per fiscal year.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
5. Please provide your driver's license number, issuing state, and expiration date.
3. Please describe your experience in a custodial environment as it specifically relates to the position description.
1. Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
4. Do you have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record or less than five (5) points on driving record?
6. Do you have the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays?
2. Do you have a minimum of four (4) years of Institutional or commercial custodial experience?