Undergraduate Admission Counselor
Undergraduate Admission Counselor
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for an Undergraduate Admission Counselor.
Position Reports to : Director for Undergraduate Admission & Recruitment
Position Summary : This position serves as a member of the Office of Enrollment Management Team and is primarily responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of undergraduate students in order to achieve enrollment goals.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of two years admissions, or admission recruitment related experience.
- Prior enrollment or student ambassador experience with undergraduate populations preferred.
- Experience with selective academic and athletic recruitment practices preferred.
- Required skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to quickly learn and utilize proprietary educational software, basic math ability, and excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Individual should have superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and must function comfortably in a team structure and be able to speak confidently before large and small groups.
- Individual must have proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated to complete personalized communication with students, parents and stakeholders.
- Experience with SlateCRM system a plus.
- Must be able to drive/hold valid driver's license.
Admission Counselor Responsibilities:
- Manages outreach and recruitment within assigned territory in order to meet goals.
- Manages outreach, travel and student engagement within assigned territory.
- Makes regular reports concerning status of recruitment and the current enrollment of undergraduate students.
- Plans own travel and conducts visits to high schools, college fairs, community colleges and community-based organizations or businesses in order to recruit prospective students.
- Conducts Admission and Financial Aid presentations at on-site visits and manages financial aid counseling with admitted students and their parents/guardians.
- Maintains proactive contact with prospective students and their families, utilizing all available communication tools to ensure high level of customer service and student support.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with high school stake holders (school counselors and administrators), community-based organizations and business personnel.
- Assists in all on-campus and virtual recruiting events.
- Counsels students and their families on programs, services, and financial resources available at Chatham University.
- This position requires daytime and overnight travel during the year. Evening and weekend hours are required during peak seasons in order to meet enrollment goals and participate in recruitment and student engagement events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: Required skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to quickly learn and utilize proprietary educational software, basic math ability, and excellent problem-solving skills. Individual should have strong people skills with the ability to help people feel at ease. Must function comfortably in a team structure and be able to speak before large and small groups with confidence.
Other notes about the position: Successful candidates will possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, public speaking skills, and a proven background in sales. Extremely strong organizational skills, along with the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with diverse constituencies in a fast-paced environment are important to be successful in this position. Creative, energetic team players that have the capability to work independently, efficiently and effectively are highly desired. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to meet enrollment / sales goals, attention to detail, follow-through, and dependability.
Physical Requirements: Requirements are within the general range of an office environment. Daytime and some overnight travel are required throughout the year. Some evening and weekend assignments are required.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh