Posting Job Title
Number of openings
Support the college’s goal of becoming a zero waste campus where diversion of materials from reaching the landfill is at or beyond 90%. In order to achieve this goal this position will perform various logistical functions, including sorting, loading, and moving materials, making deliveries and pick-ups on and off campus, serving as a support for surplus property, recycling, compost, and other waste diversion programs. In addition to these functions this position will also assist in maintaining the Center’s facilities and assets. The position requires a hardworking, detail-orientated, focused and enthusiastic individual.
• JCCC student
• Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
• Understand and relate effectively to diverse groups including faculty, students, administrators, supervisors, support staff, and contractors in order to translate college’s sustainability requirements into operational terms.
• Ability to conduct duties in a friendly, discreet and professional manner.
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to pass MVR along with background check.
• Travel required within local area and on campus.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with the use of designated moving equipment and/or other assistance.
• Understanding of sustainability as it relates to materials management and life cycle analysis.
Required application documents
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the application.
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, hours will vary.
Salary Grade Level
$11.46 per hour
Overland Park Main Campus
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email Hr@jccc.edu.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 11 Dec 2020 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 09 Mar 2021 Central Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Lenexa
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Lenexa
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Lenexa
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Lenexa
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Lenexa