Adjunct Faculty - Physical Science
Reports To and Evaluated by
Associate Dean of Arts & Sciences
Master’s degree in the discipline or closely related field, or
master’s degree plus 18 graduate hours in the discipline. Be able
to demonstrate the Morton College Core Values of truth, compassion,
fairness, responsibility and respect.
Previous teaching experience; community college or university
teaching experience desired.
The adjunct will teach classes in his/her field during the day and
evening. The responsibilities and duties of the instructor may
change as the needs of the college arise.
Specific Job Duties
- Utilize departmental syllabus template, approved textbooks, and
supplemental course materials.
- Submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in
electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
- Distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to students
no later than the first week of the course.
- Receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as distributed
by Deans’ Office.
- Adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and
- Obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest
speakers from Deans’ Office.
- Maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
- Take and record student attendance each day.
- Submit accurate and certified Tenth (10) day Attendance
Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to the
- Give final exam at the time and date indicated on the college’s
Final Exam Schedule.
- Respond to emails from students, staff, and college
administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session
using assigned college designated email.
- Check assigned college mailbox regularly.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton "careers" website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation