Adjunct Instructor - PEH Adjunct- First Aid
Reports To and Evaluated by
Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences
Master’s Degree with concentration in physical education, the
health sciences or a closely related field.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
3 years or more of previous community college or university
The adjunct instructor will teach¬ First Aid to a diverse student
population. These courses will be offered during the day and
evening. The responsibilities and duties of the instructor may
change as the needs of the college arise.
Specific Job Duties
• Utilize departmental syllabus template, approved textbooks, and
supplemental course materials.
• Submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in
electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
• Distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to students
no later than the first week of the course.
• Receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as distributed
by Deans’ Office.
• Adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and
• Obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest
speakers from Deans’ Office.
• Maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
• Take and record student Attendance each day.
• Submit accurate and certified Tenth (10th) Day Attendance
Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to
• Give final exam at the time and date indicated on the college’s
Final Exam Schedule.
• Respond to e-mails from students, staff, and college
administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session
using assigned college designated e-mail.
• Check assigned college mailbox regularly.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Determined by the CBA
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- * Do you have a certificate to teach First Aid?
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evaluations (for Faculty)