Mathematics - Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty
This is a full-time, tenure track position. Maintains a minimum of 10 office hours per week for student consultation and teaching 15 contact hours per week. Serves on college committees, participates in departmental and divisional initiatives.
Weeks per fiscal year
Faculty are covered under a 9-month contract period (August thru May)
Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick and Holiday pay; Personal Business;
Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Position Description and Duties
Harper College is a community college currently accepting applications for a tenure-track faculty position to teach courses offered by the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
The Harper College mathematics department is a diverse group of 20 full-time instructors who teach a range of courses including developmental math, STEM track courses up to linear algebra and differential equations, business calculus, general education statistics, elementary mathematics education courses, and more. In addition to math-specific initiatives such as Math Club and the creation of open education resource materials, we are also involved in campus-wide initiatives such as shared governance committees and strategic planning.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in teaching elementary or business statistics.
Primary responsibilities are for teaching a minimum of 15 contact hours per week while maintaining a minimum of 10 office hours per week for student consultation. Participation in institutional, divisional, and departmental committees, meetings, professional development, and other activities is expected.
At least a Master's degree in mathematics or equivalent with at least 24 semester hours in graduate-level mathematics
Mathematics teaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level is required. The teaching requirement may be fulfilled through a program of supervised teaching as a graduate student.
Application Review Date
Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: January 25, 2021.
*You will not be able to complete the application without attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume (Does not substitute for completed application)
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from Regionally accredited institutions
- A one page single-spaced statement of your teaching philosophy. In your teaching philosophy, please include how you approach classroom management, how you assess students, and how you use instructional technology.
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: December 11, 2020 Central Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates