Assistant Professor of Accounting
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Summary of Duties and
The Accounting Department within the Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University invites applications for a tenure-track position as an Assistant Professor to start August 2021. This is a full-time, 9 month appointment.
Responsibilities include conducting high quality research and teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels within the auditing, managerial accounting, taxation, or accounting information systems / data analytics areas. A successful candidate will have the potential to develop a strong research program and become an effective teacher.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Doctorate in accounting or closely related field from a university with AACSB or other internationally recognized accreditation.
- Demonstrated potential to perform high quality accounting research.
- Candidates without prior full-time teaching experience must have a strong interest in and be qualified to teach courses in auditing, managerial accounting, taxation, or accounting information systems / data analytics. Experienced candidates must have previously taught courses in at least one of these areas.
- Candidates must meet the college’s standards to be Scholarly Academic qualified under AACSB standards.
- Applicants must have completed the doctorate by the start date.
- Prior work experience in accounting or a closely related area.
Department/Program & College
The Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University, established in 1984, conducts and shares research to educate tomorrow’s business leaders so they are prepared to deal with multi-disciplinary, global, technological, ethical, and diversity challenges. The college offers undergraduate, graduate and PhD programs and is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than five percent of business schools worldwide receive this accreditation. The Department of Accounting offers undergraduate and graduate programs and has supplemental AACSB accreditation. Only 190 accounting programs world-wide have supplemental AACSB accreditation.
Additional information can be found at https://www.ivybusiness.iastate.edu/.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University’s Principles of Community.
Department Unit/Website: https://www.ivybusiness.iastate.edu/accounting/
To apply directly go to;
For guaranteed consideration, please apply before the application deadline of January 11th, 2021.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com.