Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work & Director of Social Work Program
Position: Assistant Professor of Social Work& Director of Social Work Program
Start Date: Fall Semester 2021
Salary and Professorial Rank: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Classification: Tenure-Track; 10-month; Full-time; Exempt; Full-time benefits
- MSW from a CSWE-approved program
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-MSW experience in social work practice
- South Dakota Social Work license or ability to obtain at least LGSW status by August 2021
- Demonstrated understanding of the 2015 CSWE EPAS standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in teaching undergraduate social work courses at the college level
- Commitment to working with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication.
- A considerable commitment to academic excellence and a belief in the Christian faith and a Christian liberal arts education where diversity and inclusion, ethical and critical thinking and effective communication are highly valued.
- Successful completion of a required background check.
- Ph.D. or DSW in Social Work or closely related field.
- Evidence of two years of superior teaching in higher education on-ground and online
- experience with the CSWE accreditation process
- Evidence of performing outcomes assessment
- Established record of teaching effectiveness with diverse student populations
USF seeks faculty who enthusiastically support our commitment to the academic success of all of our students in a Christian liberal arts institution. Responsibilities for this faculty position include teaching undergraduate social work courses, maintaining professional scholarship; performing outcomes assessment; advising students; serving on faculty committees, and participating in the university and community's life while collaborating with existing faculty members. University faculty should be committed to academic excellence in a Christian liberal arts environment, including superior teaching, desire to engage in undergraduate student research, and a heart for mentorship.
Teaching areas may cover introduction, theory, research, and practice courses, including micro and macro practice and liberal arts general education courses. Traditional undergraduate teaching and online teaching are expected of the successful candidate. A principal responsibility is to oversee the EPAS compliance of the Social Work program specific to accreditation (including annual reports, assessment, data collection and analysis, and taking primary responsibility for writing the program's self-study for CSWE accreditation). Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with the recruiting and orienting adjunct instructors, strategic planning, promoting the University's Social Work program by meeting with prospective students, developing policies, criteria, and procedures for accepting students into social work major and tracking progress toward graduation.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY & THE SIOUX FALLS COMMUNITY
Founded in 1883, the University of Sioux Falls is a Christian, Liberal Arts University affiliated with the American Baptist Churches, U.S.A., with a total headcount of over 1,600 students, including undergraduate and graduate students. USF is inclusive of all denominations, with many represented on campus. Our mission is to foster academic excellence and the development of mature Christian persons for service to God and humankind in the world. Our motto is Culture for Service. We offer more than 90 undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs offered on-ground, hybrid, and online.
The University is a member of the Council of Independent
Colleges and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. USF
is also accredited by the following: Council for Accreditation of
Educator Preparation (CAEP), Council on Social Work Education
(CSWE), International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
(IACBE), and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). USF
is a member of the NCAA Division II and competes in the Northern
Sun Athletic Conference (NSIC).
The University of Sioux Falls is located in the heart of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and has been recognized as one of the nation's top cities to live, a progressive and respected center for health care, banking, and agriculture. With its beautiful landscapes and rich agricultural land, the Great Plains region enjoys economic and cultural vitality. The city boasts many recreational opportunities, including parks and paved bike trails along the Big Sioux River. Sioux Falls is South Dakota's largest city, with a growing population of over 190,000 people and a metropolitan area of over 250,000.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until position is filled. Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position; applications must be complete in order to receive full consideration:
- letter of intent/application
- resume or vitae
- official transcripts of all graduate work
- a statement of teaching philosophy that includes the integration of faith and learning
- personal statement of Christian faith
- three letters of professional recommendation
Please note that initial telephone/Zoom interviews may be conducted without all recommendations submitted to USF, but the applicant file must be otherwise complete. The review of applications will begin on November 30 and continue until the search is successful. A selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
The University of Sioux Falls is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Sioux Falls
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Sioux Falls
- Social Work & Human Services Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Sioux Falls