Dean, Student Affairs - West Hartford, CT
As Chief Student Affairs Officer and leader of the Division of Student Affairs the Dean of Student Life at the University of Saint Joseph will oversee Counseling Services, Health Services, Accessibility Services, Campus Ministry, Residence Life, Student Activities, and Campus Safety. Dedicated to promoting the academic success of all students, undergraduate through doctoral, the Dean, will create an engaging, safe, and inclusive environment on the West Hartford and Hartford campuses.
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Guide and supervise staff and programming in residence life, student conduct, student leadership, campus safety, and health and wellness.
- Manage staff, and oversee the planning, implementation, and supervision of student activities
- Partner with staff in Academic Affairs and in Enrollment Management to support recruitment, welcome and orientation activities and to promote retention and persistence.
- Collaborate across the college on programming related to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Oversee assessment of programs and student services to ensure continuing quality, innovation, and engagement of students.
- Monitor budgets and provide effective and responsible fiscal planning.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designee.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate field
- Five or more years of relevant collegiate experience with at least two years of experience in a residential undergraduate setting.
- Trained in current best practices to support diversity, equity, and inclusivity initiatives in the college environment.
- Experience with student conduct, Title IX, and judicial procedures.
- Experience managing budgets and supervising staff.
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population
- Commitment to the mission of the University of Saint Joseph
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please submit an online application at https://usj.edu/employment.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Cover letter
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- The names and full contact information for three professional references
You may add up to four additional files/documents after
uploading your resume/CV; you will be directed to the upload page
after you complete your contact information.