Dental Hygiene Program Coordinator
Position Title Dental Hygiene Program Coordinator FLSA Exempt Contract Length N/A Class Summary
The Allied Health Department is seeking a full time temporary Dental Hygiene Program Coordinator who will be responsible for developing curricula and coursework for our new Dental Hygiene Degree program and once active, possibly providing quality instruction within the Dental Hygiene and allied (Dental Assistant) programs as qualified. In addition, the coordinator will be responsible for providing scheduled office hours for student consultation, serve on College committees as needed and assigned, and participating in student orientated instructional and advisement activities as needed and assigned.
Position Type Faculty Employment Status Temporary Position Funding Regular Minimum Education/Training/Experience
Dental Hygiene graduate from a Commission on Dental Accreditation accredited program
Master’s degree or currently enrolled in a masters or higher degree program with a minimum 50% program completion at the time of hire from a regionally accredited institution
Master’s or Doctorate degree in Dental Hygiene or related area. Teaching experience in Dental Hygiene courses at a community or two-year college.
Experience in developing new programs
A minimum of 3 years work experience as a Dental Hygienist
A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in a CODA accredited program
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
Ability to develop Dental Hygiene program courses and curricula and effectively teach Dental Hygiene courses.
Working knowledge of Commission on Dental Accreditation ( CODA ), Texas State Board of Dental Examiners Dental Hygiene and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board standards
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Demonstrable history of Dental Hygiene course and curricula development and instruction; experience teaching in a 2-year college environment.
Experience in CODA accreditation or re-accreditation process
Knowledge of online and/or hybrid teaching formats
Experience using simulation aids for laboratory experience
- Prepare, develop, revise curriculum and course work. Meet classes as scheduled. Complete paperwork/tests and issue student grades as scheduled. Maintain office hours for student consultation.
- Establish an advisory board
- Responsible for development of all aspects of the program, including the organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of the program.
- Pursue ongoing formal training designed to maintain and upgrade his/her professional, instructional, and administrative capabilities.
Responsible for organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Dental Hygiene program.
- The program administrator must have the authority and responsibility necessary to fulfill program goals including:
a) curriculum development, evaluation and revision;
b) faculty recruitment, assignments and supervision;
c) input into faculty evaluation;
d) initiation of program or department in-service and faculty development;
e) assessing, planning, and operating program facilities;
f) input into budget preparation and fiscal administration;
g) coordination, evaluation, and participation in determining admission criteria and procedures as well as student promotion and retention criteria.
- This position will initially report to the Director of Program Development and is responsible for performing tasks and assignments given by the Director. Other duties as appropriate to the position.
Holds a current Texas State Board of Dental Examiners Dental Hygienist license
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation; Stand, sit, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 40 pounds
Posting Number F138P Candidates that are eligible apply Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicant Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 12/09/2020 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2356 EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Dental Hygiene graduate from a Commission on Dental
Accreditation accredited program?
- * Do you possess a Master’s degree or are currently enrolled in
a masters or higher degree program with a minimum 50% program
completion at the time of hire from a regionally accredited
Required Documents Optional Documents
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City