PT Office Assistant II
Posting Number AS168P Position Title PT Office Assistant II Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Provides varied clerical and office administrative assistance. May provide early morning 6:30 am or evening 9:00 pm opening, closing and securing building site. The location is at the new League City facility at 1411 West Main Street.
Candidates Eligible to Apply External Only Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Type Regular
Equivalent to graduation from high school and two (2) years of general clerical or office support experience.
Previous customer service experience.
Experience in an educational setting.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- The use of specified computer applications involving the management of files;
- Complex or technical office practices and procedures; record keeping practices;
- Applicable regulations, policies and statutes;
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations;
- Performing technical, specialized, complex, difficult or basic technical office support work;
- Operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures;
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports;
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Opens, closes and secures building – these hours may be between 6:30 am – 9:00 pm; inspects classrooms, restrooms, hallways, etc. for cleanliness and/or maintenance issues. Reports any problems or concerns to supervisor.
Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, providing factual information which may require the interpretation and application of policies and procedures; takes messages or refers the caller to the proper person.
Performs such office support activities as opening and distributing mail, processing outgoing mail.
Assist instructors with supplies, markers, erasers, copy paper, etc. as needed.
May type and post notices from brief instructions or printed materials; may use word processing equipment and input or retrieve data on-line or personal computer system.
Enters and retrieves data and prepares reports using a computer; reviews such reports for accuracy and makes corrections as required.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Position typically requires stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking,
hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible
amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Salary Range $12.50/hour Mid Point Salary Range $12.50/hour Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 12/07/2020 Posting Close Date 01/05/2021 Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2279 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City