Preceptor in Expository Writing
The Harvard College Writing Program at Harvard University has several openings for preceptorship positions for the 2021-22 academic year beginning on July 1, 2021, to teach Expository Writing:
- Studio 10-Studio 20, the two-semester sequence of introductory courses for writers who can benefit from additional writing instruction. The sequence meets the College’s first-year writing requirement.
- Expository Writing 20, a one-semester course that meets the College’s first-year writing requirement.
A description of the teaching responsibilities associated with each course can be found within the posting on ARIeS, Harvard’s online portal for academic hiring. https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/9915 Applicants will be asked to indicate which course(s) they are applying to teach and should submit the supplemental materials, accordingly.
Preceptors may teach one or two sections per semester. Preceptors are eligible for multi-year contracts. Salary and benefits are competitive. Preference will be given to candidates with Ph.D.s or other terminal degrees in fields that are taught at Harvard College, including fields in the sciences and social sciences, or to candidates with MFAs; who have experience teaching fundamental analytical reading and writing skills and sentence skills at the first-year college level; who demonstrate a lively interest in issues of writing pedagogy and an innovative approach to the teaching of communication skills; and who enjoy collaborating with colleagues on assignment design and program development.
The University and Program have a strong commitment to diversity among faculty and staff, and we encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Art History Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Music Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Humanities Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Cambridge