Tenure-Track or Non-Tenure-Track in Computer Science
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a tenure-track or non-tenure position to teach in the Department of Computer Science to begin in spring or fall 2021 semesters. The successful applicant will teach core and upper-level computer science courses in the undergraduate curriculum as well as courses in the graduate computer science curriculum, advise students in their program of study, serve on university committees as needed, and participate in department curriculum planning and assessment tasks.
Rank and tenure-track determination will be based on selected candidate’s qualifications and experience, and specific course assignments will be determined collaboratively with the objective of optimal deployment of departmental faculty strengths and areas of expertise.
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We recognize that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
- PhD preferred. Candidates who are ABD and those with a master’s degree also will be considered.
- University teaching experience a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active engagement in a life of Christian faith and service which includes membership in a local church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching: Teach courses in computer science at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. Create and maintain appropriate educational records to document the academic performance of students, observing appropriate confidentiality.
- Service: Academic advising as assigned, engagement in recruiting activities, and serving on university committees that contribute to the academic, spiritual and social quality of campus life and help fulfill faculty responsibility in a model of shared governance. Provide mentorship to individual students and to student organizations, including discipline-related and service-oriented groups. Maintain membership and active involvement in a local church.
- Scholarship: Initiate and sustain activities necessary to be current in the discipline and innovative in pedagogical method and technology. Engage in scholarly activity designed to advance human knowledge and understanding, such as research, writing and intellectual dialogue. Collegially contribute to positive work and learning environment of the department and the university.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review continues until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, personal statement of faith, and copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred. As candidates advance through the screening process additional materials, such as letters of recommendation (including one from a home congregation), a writing sample, and a statement of teaching philosophy will be requested.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.Oklahoma Christian University
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Edmond