Non-Tenure Track Positions
William Paterson University invites applications for two (2), 12-month non-tenure track teaching positions with a start date of January 1, 2021 in the College of Science and Health, Department of Nursing.
At William Paterson University, you will enjoy a cross-cultural teaching experience in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Faculty are committed to teaching excellence, mentoring students, and the pursuit of a scholarly/research agenda.
Join an energetic campus community and distinguished nursing faculty where excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. Our growing Nursing Department typically consists of more than 800 undergraduates, and over 200 graduate (Masters, post- Masters and DNP) who go on to significant clinical, academic, research, supervisory, and administrator-level positions.
For more information about our programs, please visit www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/nursing/.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach online and/or on-campus, including clinical courses, a minimum of five (5) courses/sections or 15 credits per semester; 40 credits a year including summer
- Develop course content, objectives, and methods of student assessment; maintains currency in the field
- Participate in program and learning assessment
- Provide students with consistent and effective support and guidance through modeling, mentoring and potential advisement
- Contribute to student success through curriculum development, excellent pedagogy and meaningful learning experiences, accessibility to students including observance of office hours
- Contribute to the strategic and academic goals of the department, college and university through teaching, service and engagement
- Contribute to the success of the department and its students, attend department meetings, engage in professional development for instructional personnel
- Master's Degree in nursing or related field
- RN license or eligible – State of New Jersey
- Evidence of excellence in teaching effectiveness, including currency in subject matter as well as teaching skills and abilities
- Doctorate in nursing
- Specialty in Pediatrics or Psychiatric Nursing
- Certification in a specialty area
- Experience in undergraduate or graduate teaching in didactic (online or on campus) and clinical settings
- Recent clinical experience in specialty
Personal attributes and traits:
- Able to commit to developing others to help them recognize and expand their
- Demonstrated track record of appearing calm and in control when faced with challenges.
- Capable of effectively communicating in both oral and written format with a diverse group that may have competing interests, values, needs, and wants.
- Demonstrated track record of having advocated for others
- Clearly dedicated to teaching excellence and achieving positive
Please click to
apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter & CV
Provide names/contacts of three professional references. Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue
until the position is filled. General questions related to this
application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 9,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.