Director of the Excellence Research Lab - Institute for the Future of Education
The Excellence Research Lab of the Institute for the Future of Education (IFE) presents an exciting opportunity for a new Director to design, develop, and conduct IFE’s research activities to transform education within Tecnológico de Monterrey.
The Excellence Research Lab is responsible for conducting the Institute for the Future of Education’s interdisciplinary research activities. The ERL considers education a challenge to be solved using knowledge from different disciplines. The ERL will develop science-based innovations with the potential to revolutionize the industry.
The Excellence Research Lab's Director has these main objectives:
- Attraction and direction of interdisciplinary research groups, and commitment to increasing the diversity of its faculty and academic staff
- Development of a full science research ecosystem focused on educational innovation
- Development of high-impact research that has the potential to transform the education industry
- Participation in large international consortiums for high-impact projects
- Leading grants and funding strategy for the operation of the ERL
- Representing Tecnológico de Monterrey and IFE, in national and international forums (Government, Academic Institutions, International Organizations, Funding Organizations, Companies)
The ERL director will form and lead three researcher Groups (AI and Data Science in education, Lifelong Learning, and Neuroeducation). Each group is comprised of world-level senior research faculty and several junior faculty members and postdoctoral researchers.
The ERL and the Institute offer an extraordinary opportunity to realize forward-thinking and challenging ideas.
The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership skills, scientific appreciation and sensitivity, communication and networking skills, a significantly vast network of stakeholders within academia and industry, and the passion for embracing our dream to carry out these promising and exciting challenges. The Excellence Research Lab’s new Director must also be a role model for teamwork, collaboration, and leadership.
- Doctorate Degree in Education, Data Science, Computer Sciences, Social Sciences, and Humanities or other areas with an interface with Education
- A substantial academic publication record in high impact
journals for the last five years in at least one of the following
- Artificial Intelligence in Education
- Data Science in Education
- Neuroeducation (Educational neuroscience)
- Life-long learning
- An outstanding record of grant attraction (national and international)
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in the area of Education
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in academia or industry
- Conviction to change education in the world
- A visionary and strategist
- Proven ability of leadership experience in academia or industry
- A high level of English proficiency and excellent academic skills
- A sufficient level of Spanish proficiency is desirable but not required
As part of its 2030 Vision, Tecnologico de Monterrey has created The Institute for the Future of Education, a Research, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Pole of educational innovation, to serve as one of the major centers of its kind in the world.
The Institute for the Future of Education’s aspiration is to shape the future of education and improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
The core mission of the Institute is to generate, transfer, and disseminate applicable knowledge about educational innovation, connecting, inspiring, and accompanying those who seek disruptive solutions for the future of higher education and lifelong learning.
The Institute for the Future Education is an open platform for breakthrough research, innovation, and entrepreneurship that generates cutting-edge solutions to shape the future of Education and improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Institute for the Future of Education is composed of various Research Groups, an Excellence Research Lab (ERL), a Living Lab & Data Hub (LL&DH), an EdTech incubator and accelerator, an Observatory of Educational Innovation, an International Conference on Educational Innovation, and several other Educational Innovation initiatives.
About Tecnológico de Monterrey
Tecnológico de Monterrey is a private non-for-profit institution with over 26 campuses in Mexico. It has more than 89,000 students and 230,000 alumni. Our mission is to educate proactive, humanistic, and internationally-competitive leaders for the academic, business, civic, and government sectors. With over 100 academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate level, we have established a reputation for providing educational experiences of the highest quality and fit for an increasingly globalized and digitalized world.
Our university is 155th in the world, one of the Top 5 in Latin America and Top 30 of the private universities in the world, according to the QS World University Ranking. The Times Higher Education World University Ranking considers it #1 in Mexico and #4 in Latin America. In addition, our university has been accredited since 1953 by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools of the United States. For more information about Tecnológico de Monterrey, please visit: https://www.tec.mx/en
Tecnológico de Monterrey is a university recognized worldwide in Educational innovation. Some relevant educational innovation initiatives are the Tec21 educational model, The Observatory of educational innovation, which shares best practices with more than 500,000 professors and directors, and the International Conference on Educational Innovation, the most important conference in the field gathering more than 3,700 participants in 2019. Additionally, Tecnológico de Monterrey is the University with the most educational innovation publications in Scopus within the last five years, and it is a leader in Educational Technology in the classroom.
Appointment date: January 2021
Interested candidates should submit an application package including the following: curriculum vitae, cover letter, and evidence of academic credentials that might include student evaluations, publication in academic journals, etc.
Please send the application package by e-mail to: Liliana Mendivil at email@example.com
The review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.