Part Time Faculty Chemistry Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart Time Faculty Chemistry Instructor
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, and Germantown campuses, are currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member to teach Chemistry. We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated teachers who exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrate the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned lecture, discussion and/or laboratory courses in the chemistry discipline. Courses may include introductory chemistry, general chemistry, organic chemistry or chemistry for non-majors as needed.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include daytime, evening, weekend and/or accelerated sections, or possibly be asked to teach on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist to teach summer session classes.
- Follow guidelines from department course coordinators to ensure consistent content coverage and student experience across multiple sections of a course.
- Administer, grade and provide feedback in a timely manner to monitor student mastery and progress through a course.
- Meet established deadlines to submit student mid-term and final course grades.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline .
- Experience teaching introductory chemistry, general chemistry or organic chemistry courses at the college level.
- Proficiency with and ability to use a Learning Management System (LMS) and other web-based instructional technology to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment. Demonstrated experience teaching using a variety of delivery methods, online resources and technology applications across the curriculum.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline .
- Experience teaching general chemistry or organic chemistry lectures and laboratories at the college level.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by March 1, 2021
- For consideration, you must: REQUIRED
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateMonday, March 1, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Humanities Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- English & Literature Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville