Director, Student Development Projects
DIRECTOR, STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Truman College seeks a Director of Student Development Projects to serve as the administrative liaison between Career and Technical Education (CTE) Programs and the Office of Instruction. The Director will oversee the preparation of project status reports; prepare financial and narrative reports and program applications; and detail the progress, status and effectiveness of the program. The Director will also manage and administer special projects to ensure that participating college departments comply with terms and conditions of program activities. The first special project that the Director will administer focuses on the education life-cycle starting with Early Childhood Education cohorts and culminating in secondary educator endorsements. Some of the objectives that the Director will be expected to complete in FY21 include: work with the Career Planning and Placement Center to develop activities, events, and marketing materials for potential and existing CTE students, improving communication and reporting between the Director and the CTE Truman Programs and services, and working with the Perkins Team to develop processes, reports and communications to uncover equity gaps.
- Directs program’s day to day operations, ensuring partnership agreement’s scope of services are effectively implemented and reporting requirements are fully met.
- Regular meetings with the CTE cohorts regarding next steps for enrollment, retention and completion.
- Coordinates the cohort scheduling, registration, and scholarships supports.
- Collaborate with department chairs and with staff providing direct services to prospective and enrolled CTE students including secondary students, secondary educators, or education students in special population studies. This includes conducting informational sessions, providing outreach and follow-up, and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates unit’s work efforts with academic advisors to provide CTE students with the support services needed to enroll, progress academically, and successfully complete educational and training programs.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders (i.e. Marketing Department, Finance) in managing and overseeing the program’s marketing, compliance and financial reporting, and grant budgeting functions.
- Prepares required funding reports detailing the program’s operations, status of enrolled students, and budget expenditures.
- Other duties as assigned with CTE programs and special population groups.
- Serves as a liaison with secondary representative and participates in meetings regarding the program’s budget and its operations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in the field of Education.
- Understanding of Illinois Endorsements and Chicago Public Schools.
- A combination of education and experience maybe taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
WE OFFER : Excellent benefits at a low cost; investment plans 403(b) & 457(b); SURS retirement plan; generous vacation, holidays, personal & sick days plus tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit our benefits page.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago