Job Summary/Basic Function
The Technology Specialist will join a dynamic Technology User Services team in
providing excellent technology services to a diverse and multicultural population of
students, faculty, and staff of the University.
The Technology Specialist will provide support by phone, e-mail, and in-person; will open
and close service requests electronically; troubleshoot user technology accounts;
manage technology inventory; and train student Help Desk technology assistants. In
addition, he/she will install, maintain, and repair computer hardware and software and
other technologies in computer labs, classrooms, and faculty/staff offices. He/she will
provide classroom, computer lab, and audio/visual support.
• 10:30am to 7:00pm Mon-Fri; Weekend and evening hours may be required and overtime is available.
• Moving and installation of computer equipment up to 30 pounds.
• Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field
• 1 – 2 years of experience in the installation and maintenance of end-user systems
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build
strong working relationships with a diverse audience of faculty, staff, and students.
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Apple platforms
• Knowledge of techniques used in the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of
Windows and Apple workstations, network printers, wired and wireless network
connectivity, Microsoft Office, and similar business productivity software.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize requests in a fast-paced working environment
• Three or more years of demonstrated hands-on IT experience
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365
• Knowledge of Windows Servers operating systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange account management
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: March 23, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur