Visiting Clinical Instructor for Health and Human Performance
The Division of Health and Human Performance at Alfred University invites applications for a non-tenure track, renewable Visiting Instructor beginning August 2021. The successful candidate will have expertise in health and wellness and will be able to develop courses within their area of expertise to expand opportunities for students. Teaching assignments include, but are not limited to, the following: strength training and reconditioning, program design, exercise prescription and nutrition. Program responsibilities include assessment, development and evaluation of knowledge, skills and clinical abilities. In addition to teaching, faculty responsibilities include student advising. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a plan for their scholarship agenda.
- An earned Masters in Exercise Science, Health and Wellness or closely related field. NSCA or ACSM certified. Minimum 3 years' experience working in the profession of fitness, health and wellness.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching at the university level.
- An earned Doctorate in Exercise Science, Sports Medicine or closely related field. ABD considered with PhD or EdD completed by August 2021.
- Experience teaching at a four-year institution.
- BOC and NYS certified. Familiar with CAATE standards.
To apply, Please Submit :
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy,
- Research Statement
- Please have three letters of professional recommendation sent to email@example.com
About Alfred University:
Founded in 1836 and nestled in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains and the Finger Lakes wine region in western New York State, Alfred University is a small, comprehensive private university with a long-standing tradition of excellence in Liberal Arts and inclusive practices. The Health and Fitness Management Program is recognized by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. The individual hired for this position will be given the opportunity to make significant contributions to the development of a growing program.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.