Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician
Posting Number: 0001013
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $31,800 - $34,980 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B22. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing first level technical assistance and support related to account and computer troubleshooting for students, faculty, and staff. This position will provide first call resolution as much as possible for computer system issues including software and occasional hardware issues for Lee College owned computers. The Help Desk Technician will coordinate between departments for IT technical support along with the Service Desk Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide password and network account assistance for students,
faculty, and staff via phone, remote, email, and in
- Provide first level computer troubleshooting support for
faculty and staff via phone, remote, email, and in
- Install and troubleshoot computer operating systems, software,
and occasionally hardware of Lee College owned machines.
- Utilize the current ticketing system to document all issues ad
calls that are received.
- Escalate issues from customers to the appropriate team with
necessary background information when unable to resolve issues over
- Provide additional support to technicians in the form of
research and information discovery.
- Research and organize information with regards to reoccurring
problems and issue resolution.
- Assist Service Desk Manager with coordination of Service Desk work and projects.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Service Desk Manager with research and information
discovery for technical issues and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree in a related field or successful
completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- One (1) year of experience in a Help Desk or Call Center
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Windows 7/10, Microsoft
Office 2013 and above, Mac OSX systems, etc.
- Basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6774
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.