Assistant Professor - Physics
UW System Title: Assistant Professor
Start Date: August 23, 2021 Essential Job Functions
The department of Natural and Applied Sciences at the University
of Wisconsin-Green Bay seeks applicants for a tenure-track position
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach introductory level courses in Physics. Other assignments may include an upper level modern Physics course, a First Year Seminar course, or courses in support of the department of Natural and Applied Sciences.
- Develop a strong research program with the potential to involve collaboration with students, faculty, and individuals inside or outside the University.
- Advise students.
- Perform scholarly activities consistent with rank.
- Perform institutional and community service.
- Contribute to the ongoing programmatic development within the department of Natural and Applied Sciences.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and scholarship, a demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching, and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
- Earned doctorate in Physics from an accredited institution. ABD candidates will be considered; however, an earned doctorate in Physics from an accredited institution is a necessary condition for contract renewal. ABD candidates will be hired into a terminal appointment at the rank of Instructor with a rate determined at the time of hire. Upon degree conferral during the terminal period, the contracted appointment with the rank of Assistant Professor will be reinstated.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources. Salary Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Please go to the full job posting at https://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/assistant-professor-physics/, and select the applicable job posting.
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job
Names and contact
information for three references
transcripts of all graduate work
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2104
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Physics & Space Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue