Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Creekside Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer
and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC
is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community
college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head,
Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of
higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact
of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university
centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is
continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of
Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Creekside Center is a state-of-the-art, full-service satellite
center designed to serve the western portion of the Woodlands, as
well as Tomball and the surrounding communities. Its location in an
area of rapid growth provides an ideal opportunity for both working
and non-traditional students. The facility offers a selection of
day, evening and weekend credit courses, including
university-transfer courses and certificates.
Campus address is 8747 West New Harmony Trail, The Woodlands, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under general supervision, provides assistance to students in the
CISCO lab. Inspects, maintains, and troubleshoots hardware and
works on special projects in the CISCO Lab.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain inventory of all Cisco equipment and maintain database
of inventory location, IOS, install date, warranty period, name and
model of equipment
- Install and backup IOS on an as needed basis
- Troubleshoot equipment problems either wiring or hardware
- Assist in ordering equipment, getting equipment bids, and
- Maintain labs aesthetically by removing cables and determining
all configurations on equipment is erased before the start of the
next scheduled class. Arrange furniture, computer desks, wiring,
and PC’s as required
- Maintain all excess inventory in storage areas
- Install new peripheral cards and move peripheral cards for
- Maintain the NetLab for classes, users, and software
- Monitor the VM Ware applications and reconfigure as needed by
NetLab for virtual PCs
- Assist in making flyers and advertisements for Cisco Academy
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as
- Have a working knowledge of Cisco computer networking
- Have a working knowledge of physical network
- Have a working knowledge of PC hardware and configuration
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds to move and maintain
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with
fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling; picking,
holding, or otherwise working with the whole hand
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral
communication, and to make the discrimination in sound
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
including those activities in which they must convey detailed or
important spoken instructions to others accurately, concisely,
loudly, or quickly
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing
and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer
terminal; and/or extensive reading
- Includes coverage of labs scheduled during the days and
evenings Monday to Friday.
- Lab environment with tasks that include lifting, bending, and
configuring computer and other electronic equipment
- High school diploma or GED and at least 1 year of related work
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Taking CCNA classes or advanced classes at one of the Lone Star
College System campuses
Hourly Pay Rate is $12.02 .
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.