Program Assistant - CAMP
Columbia Basin College ("CBC" or the "College") seeks a Program Assistant to independently perform work in support of the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP), as well as the daily operations of the CAMP office. This grant funded position will represent the CAMP program to participants and/or members of the public and will help foster a positive atmosphere for program success. The Program Assistant reports to the Director for CAMP.
This position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by December 18, 2020 @ 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Serve as the primary contact with CAMP participants; provide information regarding CAMP policies and activities; answer the telephone; receive and refer visitors;
- Assist CAMP staff with scheduling students;
- Assist CAMP staff with review of all eligible student applicants and aid in selecting the new cohort;
- Compile and distribute information relative to CAMP activities; confer with other campus programs and departments and with outside agencies, such as the Department of Education;
- Coordinate CAMP Program logistics, such as CAMP meetings, conferences and/or banquets; schedule appointments and/or other meetings;
- Maintain and order office supplies;
- Maintain accurate and complete files, records and forms;
- Attend and/or represent CAMP at events and field trips;
- Assist and monitor the CAMP budget by keeping the Director informed of the budget status; assist with setting projections and developing budget reports; keep track of and prepare expenditures with appropriate documentation;
- Track and monitor student worker payroll;
- Maintain and assist with identification of any supplemental grant monies;
- Establish and maintain a functional filing system for CAMP student records and files, and other CAMP documents, contracts, reports and correspondence;
- Assist in the communication of admission policies and processes to prospective students, staff and community members;
- Assist with basic registration and financial aid processes and procedures;
- Provide information on funding resources, deadlines and financial aid;
- Assist students in account balances, tuition payment obligations, options and deadlines;
- Track and monitor all CAMP activities for reporting purposes in preparation of required reports to CBC, the Office of Migrant Education and the Department of Education; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an institutionally accredited college or university;
- Two (2) years of clerical experience;
- Experience performing general office operations;
- Experience working with federal grants;
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint); and
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish/English.
- Experience in higher education or other complex organizations;
- Knowledge of federal and state guidelines and procedures.
Skills & Abilities
Problem Solving Skills : Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics;
Technical Skills : Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others;
Customer Service Skills : Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments;
Professionalism : Ability to approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments;
Oral Communication : Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings;
Written Communication : Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information;
Quality : Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality; and
Quantity : Meet productivity standards; complete work in timely manner; strive to increase productivity; work quickly.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a twelve (12) month, full-time, grant funded, overtime eligible, represented classified staff position. The typical work hours for this position are Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; however, must be available to work a flexible schedule when prior notice is given by the College. This position is available immediately.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
**Please note that selected interview candidates will be subject to supplemental testing that will measure skills and abilities in the following areas: Typing, grammar, basic skills in Word and Excel, and Spanish language proficiency.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In the interest of providing a healthy, safe and secure educational and work environment, and in order to meet the requirements of federal legislation, it is the policy of Columbia Basin College to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace for our employees and students. The position is directly engaged in the performance of work on a federal contract or grant which requires compliance with the College's Drug-Free Workplace Policy as well as reporting requirements, as a condition of employment.
If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
Columbia Basin College operates under an approved affirmative action plan and encourages applications from persons of color, women, veterans and persons of disability. The Human Resources Office is accessible to those with disabilities. If you need accommodation in application or employment, contact the Human Resources Office at (509) 542-4740.
OTHER JOB ELEMENTS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met and may be encountered by an incumbent when performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility including having the ability to move materials on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc. Manual dexterity and coordination are required to operate equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
This is a bargaining unit position represented by the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA). Internal promotional, transfer and voluntary demotion applicants who have skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position will be considered prior to consideration of other applicants.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco