Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Adjunct Professor Global Studies
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
Teaching undergraduate courses in Global Studies in an online
environment. Online professors must have regular access to and
familiarity with the internet and email.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with
assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining
productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and
offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspect of the
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance
with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must possess one of the following degrees from an
accredited school: PhD, ThM, MDiv, and/or MA in the area of Global
Studies or Intercultural Studies.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting
agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and
communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments
timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by
state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty
University’s online automated application process.
Ph. D. in the area of Global Studies or Intercultural
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during
this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all
conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required
should the department select you for an interview.
In the references section of the application, please submit the
names of two professional references and one pastoral reference.
Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact
the Faculty Hiring Office at FacultyHiring@liberty.edu
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have 18 graduate hours completed in the field to which
you are applying to teach?
- After reviewing Liberty University's Worldview Statement, do
- If applying for a position teaching Undergraduate courses, do
you have an accredited master's degree in the field that you are
applying to teach?