Open Rank Faculty Position (Assistant - Associate- Professor) in Development Economics
The Doha Institute for Graduate Studies (DI) seeks applications for faculty positions at different academic ranks for its established Master Development Economics (MDE). We seek development economics specialists in all related fields.
Founded in Doha, Qatar the DI is an independent institute for public interest that responds to the needs of the Arab region by integrating graduate teaching and learning with scientific research in the fields of Public Administration, Public Policy, Development Economics, and Social Sciences and Humanities. The DI is licensed as a national institution of higher education by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in Qatar.
Part of the School of Public administration and Development Economics (SPADE), The Master of Development Economics (MDE) program prepares researchers and professionals to pursue careers in research institutions, international organizations, non-government institutions, and/or higher education. The program puts strong emphasis on economic development theory, practice, and policy. The program aims at advancing the learning and research capacity of diverse Arabic-speaking students using theoretical, quantitative, and qualitative methods and tools.
We seek candidates who will make significant contributions in one or more of the following areas of teaching and research in Development Economics:
- PhD degree in one of the following areas: Economics, Economic Development, or any related disciplines.
- Excellent record of research, and publication; in addition to a proven record of excellence in teaching at the graduate level.
- Priority will be given to candidates specialized in the fields of sustainable development, applied development, inequality and international trade and finance.
- The ability to teach in Arabic as recognized a language of learning and research at Doha Institute for Graduate Studies; in addition to English as a second language.
- Applicants must show evidence of excellence in teaching and research in line with the Doha Institutes’ priorities of delivering graduate degree programs and securing important accreditations.
- Candidates should be able to teach in at least two substantive areas in development economics and related fields. Preference will be given to candidates with specializations in all areas relevant to development; including sustainable development, labor economics, applied and experimental development, inequality and poverty, and international finance.
- Candidates are expected to have a promising and vibrant research project in economics supported by a strong record of academic publications.
- Candidates should serve in interdisciplinary teaching process across the Doha Institute for Graduate Studies.
- Candidates should serve in the process of student advising and related activities, such as academic mentorship, and supervision of students’ theses and capstone projects, and other related activities.
- Candidates are expected to play active administrative roles in the school, including memberships in school and institute wide committees.
Application requirements and deadline
(1) A letter of application.
(2) A Curriculum Vitae.
(3) A statement of teaching philosophy.
(4) Research statement.
(5) Evidence of teaching.
(6) Selected samples of peer reviewed publications/ research work/or job market papers.
(7) Names and contact information of three references.
To apply, send your documents via email by January 11, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All complete applications received before that date will receive full consideration. The process of reviewing the applications will continue until the positions are filled