Institution Educational Supervisor - MN Department of Corrections, MCF-St Cloud
Institution Educational Supervisor
$33.64 - $50.24 hourly / $70,240 - $104,901 annually
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference by leading and directing educational programs? If so, the Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) may have the job for you. The Minnesota DOC is seeking an Education Director at its Minnesota Correctional Facility located in St. Cloud, Minnesota (MCF-SCL). As an Education Director, you will oversee the development and implementation of transformative counseling and instructional programs. Through your leadership, expertise, and diligence, you will play an essential role in transforming lives for a safer Minnesota.
The Minnesota Department of Corrections is highly regarded nationwide and has provided a model for other corrections systems to follow. Our mission is to contribute to a safer Minnesota by providing core correctional care, changing offender behavior, holding offenders accountable, and restoring justice for victims.
The State of Minnesota provides its employees with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. For an overview of the benefits provided to state employees, click here
The Minnesota Department of Corrections – real people, real careers, a real difference!
- Supervise and coordinate academic, career technical, and higher education programs; library and law library; and other education programming in accordance with established administrative philosophy and the DOC Education Unit mission, vision and strategic plan, to ensure that adequate, updated, and pertinent options are available for and support a person-centered approach to correctional service delivery.
- Provide effective leadership of education programs that provide the conditions for learning, leverages technology to deliver a wider variety of curriculum to a wider base of students, and encourages the necessary behavioral and social skills needed to support person-centered educational services.
- Using a person-centered approach, exercise supervisory authority to ensure that applicable labor agreements and plans are equitably administered, and that education employees are effectively performing assigned job duties to achieve the objectives of the Minnesota Correctional Education Center and facility operations unit.
- To the extent that resources allow, oversee education facilities and budgets to provide a functional learning environment for all education programs.
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position. Only those applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate their fulfillment of all of the following qualifications will be considered.
- Possession of, or eligibility to obtain*, a valid full-time Minnesota Principal's license. (*To qualify, you MUST explain how you are eligible to obtain a valid Minnesota Principal’s license in your application/resume.);
A Master's degree in Education or in the field in which the applicant is licensed to teach; AND
Completion of at least 30 graduate-level semester credits** in courses related to program requirements for all administrative licenses as identified in Minnesota Administrative Rule 3512.0510; OR one year of experience supervising licensed instructors in an education program; OR one year of administrative leadership experience in a K-12 or Adult Basic Education program (e.g. experience as a school district director, dean or coordinator).
(**If invited to interview, you will be asked to provide a transcript to verify completion of at least 30 graduate-level semester credits as described above.)
A Master's degree in Education or in the field in which the applicant is credentialed to teach; AND
One year of experience supervising credentialed instructors in an education program OR one year of administrative leadership experience at the post-secondary level.
- Possession of a valid Minnesota K-12 or high school Administrative license.
- Administrative leadership experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience supervising career technical educational programming.
- Experience guiding and counseling individuals and groups of students through the development of educational and career plans.
- Experience supervising a comprehensive guidance and counseling program designed to address the social, emotional, educational, and occupational needs of students.
- Experience supervising educational staff.
- Experience working in a correctional environment.
How to Apply:
If you’re highly motivated to join our education team and lead programs that will contribute to a safer Minnesota, please apply online at https://mn.gov/mmb/careers and refer to posting #42701. Please contact Daniel Holmgren at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this position. The application deadline is December 28, 2020.
State of Minnesota
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Saint Cloud
- Academic Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Saint Cloud
- Academic Administration Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Saint Cloud
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Saint Cloud