Research Technician I
Wensel Lab is seeking a technician to carry out routine laboratory procedures as directed, using standard operating procedures. These will include biochemical preparations, molecular biology procedures, and cell culture. They could also include animal care (mice), involving daily monitoring, setting up breeding cages, weaning, genotyping, and tissue collection. Purification of proteins and nucleic acids from cultures of bacterial, mammalian, insect or yeast cells.
- Daily monitoring and administration of experimental therapeutics to mice by oral gavage.
- Euthanasia and tissue collection from experimental mice.
- Setting up and monitoring breeding cages.
- Genotyping and weaning of mice.
- Assisting lab personnel in preparation of buffers, media and gels.
- Routine biochemical and cell biological assays using standard operating procedures.
- Associate's degree in a related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience with animal care and tissue collection.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in physical or biological sciences and two years of experience in laboratory work or rodent husbandry.
- **Candidate must have one year experience in lab work or rodent husbandry and tissue collection, or a Bachelor's degree and at least six months of research experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston