Director of Compliance / Ethics Officer
Position Type Administrative Appointment Classification Title Director Position's Functional Title Director of Compliance / Ethics Officer Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with federal and state regulatory standards. This position will serve as the University’s Ethics Officer and Freedom of Information Act ( FOIA ) Officer. The position will also be responsible for ensuring that the university is upholding best practices with respect to higher education compliance. In that regard, the Compliance Officer is responsible for chairing the University Compliance Committee; analyzing and assessing risks; and designing and stewarding effective compliance strategies, structures, and processes. The Compliance Officer will serve as the University’s risk manager.
• Design and manage the University’s Compliance Program with the goal of mitigating legal and regulatory risk in a manner that promotes the University’s mission.
• Chair the University Compliance Committee.
• Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
• Serve as the University Ethics Officer pursuant to the State Officials and Employees Ethics Act.
• Serve as the University Freedom of Information Act ( FOIA ) Officer.
• Work with University departments to coordinate internal compliance reviews and monitoring.
• Work with University departments to proactively identify potential areas of risk and develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of issues and prevention of future risk.
• Work with the marketing department to institute and maintain an effective compliance communications strategy for the University.
• Work with University Departments to develop and monitor employee compliance training programs.
• Collaborate with other departments (Internal Audit and Human Resources, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
• Consult with University General Counsel regularly, and as needed, to resolve legal compliance issues.
• Other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of related professional compliance or audit experience
Master’s degree with at least 5 years of related professional compliance or audit experience.
• Familiarity with higher education and/or healthcare regulatory and compliance matters is required.
• Juris Doctor (JD)Experience in the higher education and/or health care compliance.
• Experience working with Institutional Review Boards.
• Experience working with Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees.
Posting Date 12/07/2020 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number AP0245P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5686 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a list of three professional references with current contact information.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Safety & Security Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Legal Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest