Director of Equal Opportunity
Director of Equal Opportunity
Department: Office of Human Resources - SOHR
Bargaining Unit: Nonrep Professional
Salary Band/Wage Band: 08
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Location: Orono, ME
Statement of the Job: Full-time, Exempt Position
The University of Maine System is seeking to hire the Director of Equal Opportunity. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director of Equal Opportunity is responsible for providing experienced leadership and management in the effective administration of Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX programs to achieve UMS’ institutional goals and objectives. This individual is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and exercising authority for policy making, organization, control, integration, and completion of all functions of the University of Maine System Equal Opportunity office. The individual in this role is responsible for implementing initiatives that support the UMS’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in recruitment, selection, and employment.
The work location is flexible at one of three campuses: University of Maine in Orono, University of Southern Maine's Gorham campus, or the University of Maine at Augusta.
Salary commensurate with experience plus a 10% employer contribution to the UMS retirement plan. Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, and tuition waiver programs for employees and dependents. The UMS is a recipient of the Wellness Councils of America’s Well Workplace Award and offers a wellness program.
Review of applications begins immediately. For full consideration, materials must be submitted by December 23, 2020. Applications received after that date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
About the University:
Established in 1968, the University of Maine System (UMS) unites six distinctive public universities, comprising 10 campuses and numerous centers, in the common purpose of providing quality higher education while delivering on its traditional tripartite mission of teaching, research, and public service. A comprehensive public institution of higher education, UMS serves more than 30,000 students annually and is supported by the efforts of more than 2,000 full-time and part-time faculty, more than 3,000 regular full-time and part-time staff, and a complement of part-time temporary (adjunct) faculty. Reaching more than 500,000 people annually through educational and cultural offerings, the University of Maine System also benefits from more than two-thirds of its alumni population residing within the state; more than 123,000 individuals.The System consists of six universities: The University of Maine (UMaine), including its regional campus the University of Maine at Machias (UMM); the University of Maine at Augusta (UMA); the University of Maine at Farmington (UMF); the University of Maine at Fort Kent (UMFK), the University of Maine at Presque Isle (UMPI); and the University of Southern Maine (USM). The System also includes the University of Maine School of Law and the University of Maine Graduate and Professional Center.
- Advanced degree required
- Six years of progressive practical experience in policy development, EEO issues, harassment, Title IX or employment discrimination complaints.
- Experience in a public and higher education setting
- Proven expertise in setting strategic direction, designing and implementing effective plans/programs
- Knowledge of federal/state regulations related to employment and employee relations, including but not limited to EEO, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, Title IX, and Title VII
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Experience in litigation/mediation preferred
Materials must be submitted via "Apply For Position”. You will need to create a profile and application; upload:
- A cover letter which describes your experience, interests, and suitability for the position
- A resume/curriculum vitae
- Contact information for three references
Incomplete application materials cannot be considered. Materials received after the initial review date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
The successful applicant is subject to appropriate background screening.
Length: Fiscal Year (12 Months)
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/CV
The University of Maine System is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Office of Equal Opportunity, University of Maine, 101 North Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469 207-581-1226. TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orono
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orono
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orono
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orono