Research Technician II
Wensel Lab is seeking a technician to carry out laboratory procedures using standard operating procedures. These will include biochemical preparations, molecular biology procedures, cell culture, immunostaining, imaging, immunoblotting and RT-PCR. They could also include animal care (mice), involving daily monitoring, setting up breeding cages, weaning, genotyping, and tissue collection. May conduct mentored independent research projects, depending on experience level.
- Purification of proteins and nucleic acids from cultures of bacterial, mammalian, insect or yeast cells.
- Monitoring and administration of experimental therapeutics to mice.
- Euthanasia and tissue collection from experimental mice.
- Setting up and monitoring breeding cages.
- Genotyping and weaning of mice.
- Preparation of buffers, media and gels.
- Biochemical and cell biological assays using standard operating procedures.
- New assay development, validation, optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience with animal care and tissue collection, or in biochemical and molecular biology procedures in a research laboratory.
- Master's degree in physical or biological sciences and two years of experience in laboratory work or rodent husbandry.
- Candidate must have one year experience in lab work or rodent husbandry and tissue collection.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston