Director Online Learning
The Director of Online Learning will provide strategic and operational leadership for the Office of Online Learning. The successful candidate will collaborate with faculty, staff, and senior leaders across campus to develop new online programs and support existing online programs. The Office of Online Learning is committed to providing affordable and accessible education to a diverse student population. This position reports to the Associate Provost and Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
• Provide leadership for online program development and
• Collaborate with faculty, staff, and senior leaders to develop innovative for-credit,
certificate, and continuing-education online programs.
• Collaborate with academic departments, the schools and colleges, the Teaching and
Learning Center, and other stakeholders to develop training for faculty (instructional
design, online program development, online course development, etc.).
• Collaborate with the University College to provide accessible advising, tutoring, and
writing enhancement services for online students.
• Oversee the budget and provide strategic development of revenue generation and
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop marketing, recruiting, enrollment
management, and retention strategies for online programs.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of policies and procedures for online learning.
• Oversee the application and compliance of various regulations for online learning (NCSARA, etc.)
• Analyze data to assess online learning program status and to inform decisions for online learning programs.
For more information or to apply: [http://jobs.uncp.edu/postings/6906], Office of the Provost, 1 University Drive, University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, Robeson County, NC 28372.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
• Master’s degree or higher in instructional design or related
field from accredited
• At least three years experience in an instructional technology enterprise using current technologies that support online learning
• Ability to develop and manage online programs
• Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate staff
• Background in digital and online marketing
• Background in online education, adult learning, and instructional design and
• Background in online teaching/training
• Extensive knowledge of current issues, trends, and best practices in online learning
• Excellent communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.