OPS Healthy Eagles Advocate
Healthy Eagles Advocates assist the Director, Emergency Management and other campus stakeholders with plans to increase campus understanding of and compliance with COVID health and safety protocols. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Advocates have excellent judgement and hold themselves to the highest standards of conduct and work ethics.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the design and/or implementation of campus marketing, incentive, and educational programs and plans related to campus COVID response initiatives.
- Duties may include but are not limited to assistance with social media, website maintenance, tabling, activities, and more.
- Completes documentation of activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with documentation regarding compliance with University policies and procedures, FEMA protocol, and other processes related to program operations.
- Maintains current and accurate information in databases to track FGCU CERT training completion, meeting attendance, active members and participants.
- Assists with communication efforts related to marketing, training programs, tabling efforts and social media.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and trainings with Campus Reservations and other campus departments as needed.
- Sends weekly situation report to all FGCU CERT members.
- Assists with gathering, reviewing and compiling of training items for programs on Canvas or other University platform for training.
- Assists with the organization and preparation of campus-wide educational activities.
- Assists with documenting Standard Operating Procedures
Additional Job Description
- High school diploma, equivalent, or higher..
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Flexible work schedule with 9-20 hours available per week.
- Demonstrated experience with customer service, sales, training, or translatable communication or marketing skills.
- Experience with OneNote and website design programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of University building locations and departments on campus.
- Knowledge of FGCU RSO organizational requirements and timelines.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Skill in public speaking.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise a high degree independent judgement in the establishment, interpretation, application, and enforcement of all rules, regulations, and policies
- All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
- May be required to stand or walk for the majority of the work period.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, bend, and lift.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers