J-PAL MENA Post-Doctoral Fellow
Founded in 1919, AUC moved to a new 260-acre state-of-the-art campus in New Cairo in 2008. The university also operates in its historic downtown facilities, offering cultural events, graduate classes, and continuing education. Student housing is available in New Cairo. Among the premier universities in the region, AUC is Middle States accredited; its engineering programs are accredited by ABET, its chemistry program is accredited by the Canadian Society for Chemistry, the School of Business is accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS, and the Master of Public Administration and the Master of Public Policy programs of GAPP are accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and administration (NASPAA). The AUC libraries contain the largest English-language research collection in the region and are an active and integral part of the university's pursuit of excellence in all academic and scholarly programs. AUC is an English-medium institution.
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab Middle East and North Africa (J-PAL MENA) regional office, based in the School of Business at AUC is accepting applications for a post-doctoral fellowship position starting the academic year 2021/2022 for a period of 1 to 3 years. The J-PAL MENA Post-Doctoral Fellowship, which is open to recent graduates of PhD programs and junior academics, will provide opportunities to conduct randomized evaluations on topics related to development, climate change, inclusive growth, human capital and labor, and other topics in Egypt and other MENA countries. The fellow will work in partnership with the J-PAL MENA Scientific Directors and with J-PAL affiliated professors and will contribute to the development of the J-PAL MENA research team. The J-PAL MENA Post-Doctoral Fellow will work with J-PAL affiliates and co-PIs to develop research designs, participate in field activities, contribute to managing partner relationships, and conduct data analysis.
- Applicants should have a PhD in the field of Economics, Public Policy, or a related field
- Demonstrated interest in conducting high-quality research and impact evaluations, particularly randomized evaluations
- Prior research experience on topics related to development economics/public policy is required
- Fellows must be willing to be based in Cairo, travel within the MENA region and/or occasionally to the field outside of Cairo, including rural areas of Egypt on supervision missions
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will conduct a first round of shortlisting and interviews in December, but we will continue to consider applications through March. Early application is strongly recommended.
All applicants must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter tailored to indicate why a post-doctoral fellowship with J-PAL MENA aligns with your research goals
- Current resume
- Research sample
- Completed AUC Personnel Information Form (PIF); and,
- Three names of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line J-PAL MENA Post Doc.