Senior Director of Operations
Senior Director of Operations
About Empire State
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 49-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 87,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at over 30 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
Empire State College is committed to creating a multi-cultural and inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a full-time Senior Director of Operations.
The Senior Director of Operations will be:
- Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer in a key managerial role
- Designing long-term business strategies in a rapidly changing higher education environment
- Monitoring workflow and ensuring optimal productivity and performance across the entire organization
- Leading innovative projects in a key operations role on the administrative side of the college
- Developing operational strategies to maximize the efficiency, and minimize the cost, of college resources at all physical locations and in our virtual environment
- Managing cross functional teams that address the changing operational and efficiency needs of higher education against a competitive landscape
- Involved in decision making regarding campus locations and potential space and services. Additionally, responsible for establishing relationships with regional and local municipal leaders and stakeholders
- Ensuring, from an operational standpoint, that the recommendations coming out of the Presidential Task Force on Models of Educational Planning are implemented
- Molding and shaping and moving forward the college's strategic plan
- Implementing a data driven decision culture in strategic thinking and operations
- Building and maintaining a strong working knowledge SUNY operational processes and constraints
- Conducting audits and ensuring full integrity of college resource use across the college
- Ensuring that targeted cost savings in the operations budget are achieved while still investing in new areas
- Presenting findings in special project focus areas
- Keeping the college's daily operations running smoothly by anticipating issue areas and proactively working to solve them
- Focused, action-oriented, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- Conflict resolution when desired strategy and existing culture do not agree
- Effective management of relationships both internally and externally
- Leadership skills with a record of achieving results individually and through others
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to work cross functionally with peers and other business leaders.
- Organized, team player who is an effective influencer
- Highly accomplished in developing and reporting targets and metrics
- Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently, and manage priorities
- Very seasoned with Operations Management
- Detail oriented, experience managing a team and eagerness to learn and embrace new approaches
- Have strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and technological skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to solve complex issues through data
- Must have the highest level of integrity with a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of individuals in open collaboration environments
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, and meeting deadlines
- Must have excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Seven (7) or more years of progressively increasing responsibility in operations, project management, non-profits, higher education or other leadership roles
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Highly proficient reading and responding to a high volume of time sensitive emails
- Able to design, compile, analyze and present dashboards and trackers to senior leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Have significant experience with leading teams and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong drive for results
- Have great sense of urgency
- Experience in higher education system
- Experience at SUNY schools
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Some travel in New York State likely
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
Rank/Salary: $95,000-105,000. Commensurate with experience.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs