Full-Time Nursing Faculty Member
Pacific College of Health and Science is hiring for the position of Full-Time Nursing Faculty at our New York Campus/online. The nursing program at PCHS is accredited by ACEN, endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC), and our graduates are qualified to sit for holistic nursing certification exams. We currently offer a holistic RN-BSN program and post-baccalaureate certificate programs in holistic nursing and medical cannabis. PCHS is developing an online MSN with two tracks: Education and Coaching. The qualified applicant will be able to teach and develop curriculum in both the holistic RN-BSN, holistic nursing certificate, and forthcoming holistic MSN programs.
Job Summary: This job is for a full-time faculty member to join the Pacific College of Health and Science nursing programs. Full-time faculty are directly responsible for the teaching of didactic and clinical courses, and for maintaining educational quality and consistency. Faculty will be teaching in the RN-BSN completion program and developing curriculum for our emerging MSN, with holistic education and holistic nurse coaching tracks.
- Teaching a minimum of 9 credits each trimester, or the equivalent of 27 credits/ academic year. Teaching includes synchronous and asynchronous delivery of content online. Teaching is on a trimester/year-round basis
- Maintaining 2 online open office hours per week
- Participation in nursing faculty meetings, curriculum development, and ACEN accreditation efforts
- Commitment to professional development to ensure quality holistic nursing educational experiences, which may include research and scholarship
- Service to the community and nursing profession
- Commitment to PCHS as a primary professional responsibility
- Commitment to the mission of PCHS
- Ongoing growth as a holistic nurse
- Developing curriculum for the MSN track including Theories of Learning and Change, Research and Evidence-Based Practice, Issues and Trends, and specialty holistic education and/or coaching specialty courses
Minimum/Required Education/ Experience Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in nursing or related field, DNP, or Ed.D. degree. Either Doctoral or Masters degree must be in nursing
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience teaching baccalaureate and/or Master of Science Nursing Students
- In-depth experience with holistic nursing modalities, holistic approaches to nursing education, and/or nurse coach certification
- Online teaching experience including experience with asynchronous and synchronous distance delivery of nursing curriculum
- New York nursing license or qualified to obtain New York nursing license for RN-BSN program and/or California nursing license or qualified to obtain California nursing license for MSN program
- AHN-BC or willingness to sit for AHNCC holistic nursing certification
- Academic administrative/ leadership
- ACEN accreditation
- Curriculum Development experience
- Certification as an advanced holistic nurse or holistic nurse coach
To apply, please send a cover letter describing the above qualifications, and resume/CV to Dr. Carey S. Clark, Professor and Director of Nursing @ email@example.com
The application deadline is January 4, 2020, or until the position is filled.
Pay/ Ranking: Pay is competitive. Ranking based on experience.
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in the areas of Oriental medicine, acupuncture, massage and Chinese herbal medicine. Founded in 1986, with the mission of training primary healthcare providers in the field of Oriental medicine. Pacific College has campuses in New York, San Diego, and Chicago, and features an esteemed faculty of professors from around the globe that conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 1,000 students every year.
We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Education Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Nursing Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City