Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking candidates for the position of Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. This is a full-time position with a concurrent, tenured appointment in a College of Arts and Sciences department or program. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2021.
The Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences is the intellectual and administrative leader of the College, and the chief advocate for the mission and purpose of the College’s academic programs. The Dean facilitates a spirit of collaborative leadership across the College to support student success, to promote and strengthen high quality academic programs firmly rooted in the tradition of liberal education, and to move our institution forward in its pursuit of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Credentials to qualify for tenure in a College of Arts and Sciences department or program, or equivalent
- Administrative and leadership experience as a dean, associate dean, department chair/academic program director, or similar position
- Active engagement in efforts to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Ability to foster a collaborative, inclusive, supportive, and collegial environment within the College
- Ability to effectively listen and to represent and advocate for the arts and sciences, and for the values of liberal education
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse constituencies across the arts and sciences disciplines, the university, and the external community
- Leadership in institutional change to promote inclusion and success of students, faculty, and staff from underrepresented groups
- Knowledge of challenges and opportunities emerging for regional state universities, and ability to lead and manage within this changing environment
- Experience developing, guiding, and implementing academic initiatives at the program or university level
- Experience promoting student success through high impact learning experiences including student-faculty collaborative research and creative activity
- Experience empowering and mentoring faculty and staff to foster their professional growth and engagement in university life
- Success in fundraising and in developing external relations to help advance university academic initiatives
- Experience soliciting, analyzing, and using data to make informed and ethically responsible decisions
- Strong interpersonal, communication, managerial, and administrative skills, including experience with budgets and enrollments
- Commitment to open, transparent, shared governance
To ensure priority consideration, completed applications must be received by noon on January 11, 2021. Screening will continue until the position is filled.
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire website: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences position (Job ID # 16824) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please include the following in PDF format:
- Letter of Application
- Names and contact information for three references
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, please call or e‑mail:
Ms. Jane Becker, Executive Staff Assistant
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty, and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit our Campus Security & Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/files/8/annual-security-report.pdf) and our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/files/787/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf).
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing
equity, diversity, and inclusion.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Eau Claire
- Student Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Eau Claire
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Eau Claire
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Eau Claire
- Other Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Eau Claire