We are looking for a highly experienced content writer/copywriter to join our fast-paced marketing and communications team devoted to informing, educating, and motivating our targeted audiences on the exceptional attributes of attaining a University of Utah education. As an experienced writer, you have a proven ability to attract audiences, engage their sustained attention, and inspire them with clear, concise CTAs. You are adept at creating engaging, impactful, targeted, results-driven copy and content for a variety of audiences, channels, and platforms. You know what an Oxford comma is and you use it.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN24783B - 02118 - EM: Planning & Analysis
COMPENSATION: $39,300 to $72,700
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time,
RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct experience in creating content for a multitude of platforms and audiences, including print, digital, and social media platforms. Typical Projects will include but are not limited to Email campaigns, Web page content, Landing Page creation, Social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), Social Media Ads, Postcards, Direct mail, Ad copy (online and print), Blog Posts, Press Releases, Newsletters, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, English or related field, plus three years professional experience in marketing, advertising, copywriting, directing publication projects or equivalency.
• Experienced in attracting targeted audiences, capturing their sustained attention, creating a sense of urgency, and inspiring responses to CTAs that drive traffic and create leads.
• Able to create engaging and compelling email campaigns with superlative taglines, headlines, and messaging.
Content Creation Fundamentals
• Proven ability to create compulsively readable online and print content that educates, engages, and instructs readers in various formats and platforms.
• Able to select and write on topics based on SEO/search terms that promote and align with enrollment goals.
• Proven ability to create evergreen content for a variety of uses but also create content from various POVs, changing word selection, voice, and tone to engage different audiences and stakeholders.
Web Content Expertise
• Proven ability to translate complex content into easy-to-read and understand copy geared to GenZs, with user experience as a top priority.
• Ability to communicate unique features and benefits for numerous programs and organizations within the university.
• Experienced in creating content with focus keywords that allows the page to be easily optimized and indexed.
Strong Editing/Proofreading Skills
• Detailed-oriented with proven ability to proof, edit, and spot errors in your own work as well as the work of others, and evaluate and tweak copy to improve readability, accuracy, and voice.
• Superb English Language Skills including sentence structure, extensive vocabulary/word choices, grammar, punctuation, and spelling and can use correct style and grammar in various writing situations.
Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
• Can communicate effectively among all members of the institutional community as well as with outside vendors.
SEO/Online Research & Sourcing
• Experienced in optimizing copy and content to elevate indexing in organic searches and driving inbound traffic and possess an in-depth understanding of SEO best-practices.
• Experienced in online research, locating and identifying best sources to use in content and persuasive content
• Experienced in filtering statistics and data to produce concise, on-target messaging points.
PREFERENCES: Higher Ed or agency experience.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/109603
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.