Online Programs Manager (PRN24788B)
Under the guidance of the Associate Director, the Manager of
Online Programs will help provide direction and support for online
and hybrid courses in the Eccles School of Business. Housed within
the Executive Education department, Online Programs provides
development services and on-going support to matriculated and
non-matriculated online and hybrid courses. The Online Programs
team works alongside MBA programs within the department,
as well as graduate and undergraduate courses across the Eccles
School of Business.
The Manager will ensure that online courses are effective, innovative, and driven by the pursuit of excellence. The Manager spends considerable time in relationship building and collaboration with key faculty and program staff, and provides oversight for a team of instructional designers and media production experts to create, plan, design, and execute online and hybrid courses. The Manager works closely with faculty, administration and staff, and serves as a liaison for Online Programs with school and university partners. Primary roles will include project management, support and oversight of development staff, assessment of processes related to course development, and collaboration and communication with programs and faculty.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN24788B - 00033 - Executive Education
COMPENSATION: $47,600 to $70,000
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, M-F, with occasional evenings or weekends as needed.
1. Effectively manage course development processes, and
contribute meaningfully to course creation goals, course
development, interactive learning elements, assessment, and other
online teaching elements.
2. Evaluate and assess effectiveness of instructional design, multimedia development, faculty training, and support for online courses.
3. Interface with faculty and administrators to recruit online and hybrid teachers for new courses and build positive working relationships across the Eccles School of Business and the university.
4. Serve as liaison for Online Programs across the school and university.
5. Evaluate and make recommendations regarding new tools and technologies to support and enhance development and delivery of online and hybrid course.
6. Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and management of teaching assistants and course facilitators for online and on-campus courses.
7. Conduct quality check, review course evaluations, and work with faculty to ensure high quality of online courses.
8. Arrange workshops to train faculty on online teaching principles and technologies and prepare them for online teaching.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department. Completion of provided supervisory training within one year of employment may be required. Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Passion for online education, innovative web-based
technology, and commitment to product excellence, timely service,
and consistent delivery.
Experience in instructional design, learning management systems, online education or training with a proven ability to design and develop interactive and engaging learning resources using a variety of delivery methods. Extensive experience with Instructure’s Canvas LMS is strongly preferred.
- Problem-solving; strong organization and time management skills; comfort level with a new, nimble, entrepreneurial, and quickly growing organization.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and project management skills; excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead a team and mentor team members; provide direction and support to project team; apply judgment and problem solving skills; help team adapt to changing priorities with ease and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures, collaborate and interact effectively and diplomatically with persons at all levels of organizations.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/109636
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City