DBA/Application Systems Analyst
Provide solid Microsoft SQL Server database administration skills to support various enterprise applications and integrations (SSIS). Responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing, monitoring and maintaining databases.
Research, analyze and document current SQL and integration services packages. Create and modify SQL Server Integration Services packages and stored procedures. Identify and develop change management for upgrades and code changes. Must be proficient with reading, writing and modifying SQL code to support changes to business processes as well as changes due to software upgrades.
Schedule and perform regular server maintenance. Includes creating database management procedures, managing database access, assessing security needs and diagnosing database issues.
Provide application support for student centric software, including PowerCAMPUS / PowerCAMPUS Self-Service (student information system), PowerFAIDS / Net Partner (financial aid) and EMS Campus (room scheduling). Maintain and support integrations between student / financial aid systems and with other systems.
Collaborate with vendors and users for testing and preparation of the new application releases. This position will maintain high standards and apply the principles of “continuous quality improvement” to IT support and applications, including working cooperatively with colleagues and projecting a service orientation.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
50% - Database administration, analysis and modifications to SQL / integration services to support enterprise applications. Administer / support student and business-related software and ensure the data integrity between them works properly. Implement and configure software and / or develop new functionality to improve processes. Develop procedures and reporting processes.
20% - Analyze data and systems to develop solutions to and prevention of issues. Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors.
15% - Provide project management capability and track application support issues using work order ticketing systems.
10% - Develop, compile, and organize documentation for internal use by the IT department, by the user community, by technical support and Service Desk personnel. Coordinates with the Service Desk Team on implementing client software upgrades and patches.
5% - Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Server SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 or 2016 database administration – significant experience with creating and analyzing integration services and stored procedures as well as data backup and recovery procedures
- Strong technical / business analytical skills, organizational and planning skills; ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels within the organization
- Troubleshoot and assess technical problems
- Understand customer requirements and participate with project team on the most appropriate system’s integration approaches based on customer landscape and desired outcomes
- Participate in meetings and workshops to achieve the outcomes within the deadline
- Proficiency in administration and development of enterprise reporting tools
- Familiarity with administering web applications is desired
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum Five years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server database administration / integrations services
- Minimum two years of experience with integrated information systems (preferably in Higher Education), customer relations management systems, and/or financial management systems
- BS degree in related or professional certification in an information technology related discipline required
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Education & Experience Required: 2-3 years ERP or Cloud Solutions experience in commercial or public sector.
- Additional programming, database experience preferred
- Dexterity of the hands and fingers for computer use and handling materials
- Ability to communicate using the spoken word, and to hear verbal communication
- Ability to sit at a desk and computer for prolonged period of time
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.