Research Coordinator I
The Department of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas is seeking to hire a Research Coordinator that will be located at the VA Medical Center. The candidate will coordinate the day-day activities of a federally funded randomized clinical trial, including screening and recruitment of research volunteers for the trial, conduct orientation sessions, assemble and maintain study participants charts, track study compliance, enter and quality control study database, and lead weekly research meetings. In addition, this employee will also be performing study-related tests such as bone density measurements, strength testing, blood drawing, and supervising exercise sessions.
This position is 100% funded by my NIH and VA funded grants (HD 5R01HD093047 [Project period: 2017-2023; total direct costs $1,222,735] and 1I01CX001665 [Project period: 2019-2024; total direct costs $996,292], respectively) and will report directly to the PI to ensure progress of the clinical trial consistent with the study timelines of the grant protocol and thereby assist in fulfilling the specific goals of the grant protocol. With the PI, the research coordinator will prepare regular reports to the external Data and Safety Monitoring Committee as well as all other regulatory requirements e. g. maintaining and preparing amendments to BRAIN IRB protocol and annual reviews by regulatory committees.
Research – 100%
- Responsible for recruitment, follow-up of participants and making sure that study-related tests are done in a timely fashion in a NIH and VA funded clinical trials
- Preparation of paperwork for the IRB and help in the preparation progress reports
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.