Animal Care Specialist
Completes more complex animal caretaking duties & begins to specialize in the care of individual species. All actions are completed by strictly & consistently following applicable CCM SOPs including safety procedures & guidelines. Reports any suspected or actual deviations to SOPs or non-routine situations immediately to the Lead or their Manager. Arrives, leaves & takes breaks at work as scheduled. Strictly adheres to CCM attendance policy.
- According to CCM SOPs completes animal caretaking duties specializing in the care of individual species.
- Under minimal direction, performs caretaking duties involving specialized handling, feeding & general care of animals.
- Conducts census counts.
- Euthanizes animals according to CCM policy.
- Organizes feed and bedding supplies in storage facilities and prepares refuse for disposal.
- Maintains efficient organization & flow of equipment through assigned areas.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). Certification must be obtained within one year of hire or promotion.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston