Visiting Faculty - Elementary Education T99994
The College of Professional Sciences at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio invites applicants with expertise in Education to fill a Visiting Faculty position in its Elementary Education Program housed in the School of Education. The position begins in Fall 2021.
Qualified candidates for this visiting position, must possess a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Elementary Education or a related discipline. Competitive applicants will be prepared to assume responsibility teaching in a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in K-8 licensure programs as well as in reading and the master’s research area. Candidates will be expected to work collaboratively with faculty and staff in all programs within the School of Education, assist with direct student advisement, and represent the program positively to prospective students and supporters. Preference will be given to applicants with university teaching, supervising and/or advising undergraduate students, teaching preschool to fifth grade settings, program development, accreditation, and committee work. The successful candidate will be expected to teach as many as four courses per semester, participate in School and Program functions, and contribute to a culture of collaboration among colleagues and students. This position reports to the Director of Childhood Education but may teach in other areas such as reading and educational research.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Elementary Education or a related area in education from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated 3 years of successful teaching experience in K-12 settings.
- Articulated willingness to engage in course and program design.
- Articulated ability to employ diverse pedagogies in a learner-centered environment.
- Current primary and middle teaching license.
- Expressed willingness to engage with Jesuit educational values.
- Demonstrated successful ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Experience in developing and sustaining relationships with partners in diverse K-12 settings.
- Holds a reading endorsement.
- Clearly Articulated Research Agenda, including publications.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability and willingness to assist the Elementary Education Program in program evaluation and development.
Xavier University is a comprehensive institution of higher education in the Jesuit Catholic tradition with over 7,000 students. For more information, visit the Secondary Education webpage at: www.xavier.edu/secondary-education-program , the College of Professional Sciences offers a variety of undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs: www.xavier.edu/college-of-professional-sciences .
Xavier University is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment; we welcome a broad spectrum of candidates, and particularly invite applications from diverse backgrounds and life experiences (e.g. gender, ethnicity/race, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession). Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of individuals and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests in their cover letter.
For full consideration, qualified applicants should electronically submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter describing their teaching philosophy and experience, research interests and accomplishments, and sample publications by January 31, 2021 on Xavier University's website . Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. In addition to the above materials, applicants must have three professional letters of references forwarded directly from the recommenders to Thomas Knestrict, Ed.D. Program Director, Childhood Education, firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions about the position may be forwarded to Dr. Knestrict as well. Xavier University has a strong commitment to diversity and seeks to attract a broad spectrum of candidates including women and minorities.
Please note: only 5 attachments are allowed per position at step 3 of the application process online. Consolidate documents if necessary.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati